Milo.... what a star!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Milo.... what a star!

Post by Layla »

It feels as though things are turning for my sweet boy :D He's not growled at ANYONE in over 2 days :D He's been doing a lot better out on walks & yesterday I agreed to go to an outdoor community party in Seattle with both chows. Milo did great, he was very excited by all the people, other dogs & music etc but calmed down well & really listened to me all afternoon & evening. I did make sure he kept his distance from the more 'hyper' dogs, but there wasn't even a hint of attitude from EITHER chow.....

I, of course, threw a tantrum at some idiot woman who yelled at me to 'kept those chows away from my dogs' It turned out that they were intact male dogs with nasty attitudes. She felt that as they were 'show' dogs they were allowed to be mean...... :twisted:

I was dragged off to the beer garden, where the dogs were happily munching away at all the free samples we got from the doggy stalls & making new friends :)

I just wanted to share as I'm pretty proud of him :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

YAY!! Milo is such a good boy!! :)
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

What a good boy!!!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Handsome AND well mannered.....what a catch!!! Good boy, milo!!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Excellent and you have every reason to be proud. Well done Milo and Millie. :D :D =D= =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

It's so hard to see him struggle but he's repaying every minute you put into training with him 100% What more can you ask for in a handsome chowboy :wink:

edited to add - apart from not peeing in the car anymore?
Last edited by Layla on Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Elodie!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

GOOD BOY, Milo!! [:D]

Thanks Sweetpea!
Tsunami22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tsunami22 »

YYAAYY!!!

I always worry about my chowy's behavior in big events. So super fun times that yours behaved so well!

good job! :D :D
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Isn't the first time I have seen or heard about some stupid show person complaining about the Chows when their dogs is the one with the temperament problem! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Red Dragon wrote:Isn't the first time I have seen or heard about some stupid show person complaining about the Chows when their dogs is the one with the temperament problem! :lol:
I though of you & the post you had about shouting 'chows coming though' at shows to clear your way. I was super annoying & kept walking Millie past her after she said that :evil:
Thank you Elodie!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

That's what I would have done. :lol: That reminds me of another time I was at a show, there were chairs at ringside and I wanted to sit down while I was waiting my turn. So I find a spot and this lady has this little yap dog in her lap and when she sees the Chow she says to get that dog away from her, I politely say that my dog is well behaved and not a problem, she says that hers isn't and got real rude. So we had words and called each other a name or two. Then come to find out her dog is not even in the show, that is a no no, bringing an unentered dog to the show. I considered turning her in, but I figured I had set her straight being that her jaw dropped open when I called her a name in retaliation for what she called me. She did get up and move too. :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Lise Carreno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lise Carreno »

I have not been to any dog shows with Mia, but I have found that a lot of those little yappy pups, like terriers and such, have a worse attitude than chows ever had.

A chow, when upset, will back away and growl a warning. These little dogs will sometimes just aggressively go after you. They will just come right up to you and get aggressive.

Will chows ever get their due respect?
Mia