Jennifer and Neecey

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Jennifer and Neecey

Post by WildThings »

Jennifer, not sure if you are still checking the site or how often, but if you do, I was just wondering how Neecey was doing? I think about her everytime I come on the site, and was hoping she was adjusting well to a life where people are not scary.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I was thinking the same thing Wildthings. It would be lovely to hear how they are doing
Thank you Elodie!
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I look everyday to see if we have any updates. I'd love to hear how things are going.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I talked to Jennifer a few days ago Neecy is doing great she is still hiding out in the dog house but is coming out more offten as the days go buy, She's going to need some time to actually trust. Now that she has a home and they want to keep her and not being bounced around after being on her own for so long she will come around. Guess Jennifers dad loves neecy but gets frrustrated trying to get her to come out of that shell.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Jeff, maybe next time you speak with her you could mention that we are all thinking about her and sending kisses and cuddles to Neecy and hugs to her.
~ Sally
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Salandra wrote:Jeff, maybe next time you speak with her you could mention that we are all thinking about her and sending kisses and cuddles to Neecy and hugs to her.
I probably won't say Kisses and cuddles but I will tell her. She started a new job and going back and forth from her house to her moms house probably dosn't have much time.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Thanks for the update Jeff, was thinking about her too. :D
I'm sure she'll come around in time. :D
AWWWW why won't you say kisses and cuddles????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chris

Post by chris »

Cuz.. Jeffy baby doesn't like that kinda stuff... do ya Jeff? :wink:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

This is true Chris but like I told you there are exceptions to the rule. To me you are right up there with Pine-sol and Febreze. Geez Chris can anyone be more romantic then me.

ImageImage
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I'm so glad Jennifer's parents decided to keep her...I am sure it is frustrating for her parents sometimes, but I am sure Neecy appreciates the space they give her. She'll come around eventually, it just doesn't seem like anyone has ever given her much reason to trust people. It takes awhile to let that go.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Neecy finally comes out of her doghouse

Post by jblake334 »

You guys are so sweet and nice and all that good stuff. I should have realized you would all be wondering what's going on. The thing was nothing was until yesterday, Neecy finally is making some progress. Here it is in an email I wrote to Jennifer:

Jennifer,

You're not bothering me at all. Neecy is coming along pretty slowly until yesterday. I finally think she is starting to come around. It's been awhile and I just kinda backed off of bothering her all day and yesterday she really suprised me. First when I got to my parents house in the morning, I take my dog over there everyday, I went to let my dog out and said, "Come on" and Neecy came running out of her dog house. I was shocked at first I thought I startled her but, that evening she did the same thing. She ran around the backyard and acted excited and scared, I couldn't tell which one for sure. When I spent more time rubbing, scratching her chin she really liked it. Finally, she made a noise. She has never made a noise, no barking or nothing. She yawned and kinda whined a little everytime I was scratching her chin really good. Then later that evening my dad went to give her some chicken and I told him, she wouldn't take it from him and he said she would. I stood there watching and she did after a few minutes. I couldn't believe it, I try and try with treats and she refuses. So, I got some chicken and she was really confused that we were both offering her chicken. Finally she took food from my hand. She took it really gently too, she is so sweet, you really wouldn't believe what a good girl she is. So of course I had to get more chicken, it was teryaki chicken, and she loved it, she wanted more and more. But I had to stop I didn't want it to make her sick. This morning the same thing I went over and she knows my car back from when I fed her on the street and she came running out of her dog house again. When I go up to her she is still uncertain and scared a little but I think she has mixed feelings now of being scared and starting to like us. This is the first sign I have seen since she has been at our house. I figured she needed time to know she wasn't going to be moved again and then she would feel a bit more secure being there with us. She loves all our dogs, she is much bigger than them so they are a little intimidated but she wouldn't hurt a fly and she is as quiet as a mouse. She is the best girl. My dad has got her to walk a little on the leash but that is going to be a longer process. Her tail is still down when she is excited and running around the yard but I guess that is to be expected. Next, we just have to get that tail up and wagging. Thanks for asking about her, there hadn't been much change until yesterday so its funny that you just emailed me. That is why I hadn't written anything yet, I have been waiting patiently for her to make some transition.

I am getting ready to go back over there, I am over there alot for now until work starts later this month. So, its good I have the time to spend with her. I worry about what happens when I have to start working. My mom and dad are there and they give her lots of attention and I will have mornings off so I am sure she will be ok, I will just miss being there. I will get some more pictures soon, maybe today.

Thanks for emailing,

Jennifer

-----Original Message-----
To: jblake334@aol.com
Sent: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:49 am
Subject: Neecy...

I hope I’m not bothering you at all… I just wanted to know how Neecy is doing these days? J

Jennifer Snider
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Aww, I almost cried reading this. I'm so happy for Neecey, and you and your family for helping her slowly come out of her shell. Thanks so much for the update.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

It made me tear up too. Its such a great thing that everyone did to help this little girl and I'm so glad she is starting to come out of her shell.
~ Sally
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Hi Jeff did you tell her about "zoomies?" Sounds like she may be doing some of that, running around the yard with her tail down. Great to hear that she's improving.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
jblake334
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jblake334 »

Victory wrote:Hi Jeff did you tell her about "zoomies?" Sounds like she may be doing some of that, running around the yard with her tail down. Great to hear that she's improving.
It's so nice to see how everyone is so thoughtful about Neecy and how she is doing. But, please tell me what are zoomies??
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Its when a Chow for no reason just takes off and starts zooming around, in the house, outside where ever. It comes out of no where and dosn't last long so you have to enjoy it while it happens. I wouldn't think Neecy would be in to zommies already but if so that shows a very happy Chow.

Take a look at these two Videos of Shilo and Mr N, thats Zoomies.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kingalls6619/ShilohSZooomie

http://picasaweb.google.com/kingalls6619/Zoomie

ImageImage