General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

simbasmom
Rank 1
Rank 1

I was a bad chowboy

Post by simbasmom »

Hi Chowchows, Coco here...
I was bad this time, but it wasn't my fault really. My non furrry brother Andrew's friends come over to play and sometimes they want to be my friend and sometimes they are mean and lock me in the house and I have to watch them having fun through the window.. yesterday was one of the bad days and they wouldn't play with me. :_| one of them even dropped their bike on me. My mom gave me a special bone since the boys were being mean and then one of them boys came in my house and took my bone and starting poking me in the face with it... so that is when i did it the bad thing I growled at him and took my bone back and nipped his fingers at the same time .. my mom looked at the boys hand and couldn't even see a mark.. and told them that by 13 years old they should know better than to tease a dog. and that it was his own fault that he got nipped...
The boy went home and told his father now they are saying that I cutest Coco is a mean, vicous doggie and they are going to call the police come and take me away from my mommy. :_| .. what to do, what to do.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Well CoCo, it sounds like Andrew has a friend that is a product of BAD BREEDING. Indeed, he should know better. And his father should as well. Since there are no marks, let them call the polieman, you were within your rights, and the silly boy should consider himself lucky! Is this still at your old home in Markham? Are you moving soon? I don't suggest running when you are in the right, but just maybe you can leave this troublesome boy behind. Also, it is just possible, that after a sleep, they might see how much they are over-reacting and do nothing at all. It is going to be hard to make any case when there are no marks. My girl has a friend that teases me, and my mum is ALWAYS telling her that teasing any dog can get you bit. If the worst happens and everyone makes a federal case out of it, I would be glad to take you in as part of my chowchow underground railroad. I think you are too cute and sweet and shouldn't have to suffer such foolish people. Be brave!
Kisses,
Miss Lily An Wu
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

OH! OH! Coco, I think that your Mummy should say that the boy should not come to your house again and she should explain to the police that you were being teased and that she should let the police come in and see you and you be a good chow boy and be polite to them.
We hate children that tease and our Mummy and Daddy won't let children who tease by us. They are naughty boys dropping their bikes on you. If we were you we would not ever play with them again, only your own boy.

Love from Milly and Mabel.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Coco, it's me Pooh Bear. You know, if some boy dropped their bike on my big brother, Zhu, I would bite them. If some boy teased me or my big brother, Zhu, by taking my bone and poking it in my face, we certainly would not tolerate that and we would pounce on him and then bite him. That boy is lucky that you only nipped him. I say you tell your mom to tell that boy and his father (and explain to your brother Andrew) that they are not good people, they are ill mannered people and until they learn how to be kind and respectful to everyone and everything in your home, they are not welcome in your home.

If they call the police and say bad things about you, you tell your Mommy to tell the police that they are the trouble makers. Then you must defend yourself and start speaking chownese! Police officers like to hear chownese. Don't worry, you will win them over with your eloquence, your cuteness and charm. Don't worry. Do you know Judge Judy Shindlin or Judge Marilyn Milion from the People's Court on TV? I know those judges will take your side and punish that sniveling, nasty boy! They will make that nasty boy's father buy you a billion biscuits too!

:x Miss Pooh Bear

P.S. If all else fails, I can send the Magic Carpet to pick you up. You can hide out with us for a while.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Coco -- I think your mommy shouldn't let that boy back in your house! Teasing a dog is WRONG. Even my 6 year old human brother knows that. (Well, mom is a bit of a psycho when it comes to that, but it's really fun to watch the hairless one get yelled at. :wink: )

Be careful though. The police take reports against us very seriously. Are you sure that you nipped him? We are known for giving 'warning bites' that don't actually touch. If there was no mark then maybe you could fib a little?
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Oh! Coco - we forgot about that - Rogan is right - we do do warning bites in the air - when we are standing in our front and some noisy yob children go up the avenue or cross the top of the avenue, we make those bites in the air to Say " Clear off, we do not want you hear and we will carve you up if you make trouble here!"

All our neighbours smile at us and they know that we are defending the whole avenue.

It is a sin to fib, but if you only make a little fib it will not be a sin so if you want you can tell lots of little figs and it will be alright. :laughloud: :laughloud:
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Chuy and Magda here. We hate it when Chows get blamed for children who misbehave! :-x We just don't understand why those nasty creatures seem to get away with everything. Our Mum won't let any children near us unless the children know about dogs and understand that they can't tease us. If the children start to tease us they're told to get away from us. Our Mum defends us the way we defend her.
I wouldn't worry if were you, Coco. The police will probably laugh at those parents being that the nasty monster is 13 years old. He should really know better. :evil:

Chuy & Magda
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
chris

Post by chris »

Agreed with everyone abouve. What did Andrew say?

Im sure everything will be ok. If the police have not arrived already, they won't. The boy's parents probably didn't even call. And you know... My mom teaches my nonfur siblings not to go near any kind of dog. You never know.... the cutest canines can be the meanest no mater what breed. (not you coco).She makes sure that when their friends come over they let me check um out first. I like all their friends. Especialy Laurissa's friends.. they always want to play and love one me. :-). But, there is one of Mikey's friends that I'm leary of. hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

It will be cool.. you watch

Chow ya later
Steel
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

:? :? Poor Coco! I am so sorry to hear about your troubles with ill-bred children. A bike dropped on you and then the ultimate insult--a bone taunt!! What's wrong with certain humans? I agree with everyone, tell your mommy to not let the mean little boy over anyone. I'm also certain the police will melt when they see you!! Sometimes, when I'm out for my night potty break there are police patroling the area and they smile at me because they know I am a handsome chow boy. Like Steel, I am also curious about what Andrew's reaction to the situation was. I am so sorry you had such a horrible day. They should teach children in their schools how to behave around dogs, it should be required in all schools.
Big, big hugs to you Coco,
Special Dark
simbasmom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simbasmom »

my mommy told the boys that they can't come in the house no more...besides the boys father won't let him come here anyway... people are sooo silly.. hehehe the boys dad is taking him for a tetnus shot cause i bit hes finger. We are still living in our house in Markham, but we are moving soon, my mommy says the closing for our new house is today and we are going to be going to our new house in a couple of weeks...
simbasmom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simbasmom »

Oh, I forgot, my brother Andrew had told the boy soo many times not to bother me or touch my stuff especially when I am eating.. when I nipped his friend and he laughed at the boy and said I told you not to bother little Coco. Then my mommy maked the boys go outside.
The boy and his family are making a BIG deal out of that little nip. [-X . Andrew told him not to be such a baby. Ummm boys... I hope the needle hurts alot..hehehe :twisted:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Oh! We hope that the hospital nurse or the doctor gets a great big darning needle - a great big one like our Mummy has got in her sewing box - it is huuuuuuge and we hope that they get one each, one for the nurse and one for the doctor and they stick they between his toes! :twisted: He needs to hurt. then we hope that another doctor comes along and drops a big hospital trolley on him and then jumps up and down on it.
Then, we hope they make him walk home with no shoes on!
That's what we hope! :P 8-} 8-}
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Because Tetanus shots are administered either on the arm or butt....I hope he gets it in his butt... he :lol: , he :lol: , he :lol: !!!! Then he won't be able to sit for a week!!! :twisted:

:x Miss Pooh Bear
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I don't know how it works in Canada but in the US if you go in for a dog bite you have to report it and fill out the paperwork. I stepped into a fight once, a German Shepard attacked Pekoe so Pekoe spun around and accidentally bit my leg, My fault for sticking my leg in the way to block the kill, her canine teeth went completely through my leg and ripped a big chunk just above my knee, (that's why I say blocked the kill, Pekoe was going for it) No big deal I will always have memory scars from Pekoe. when I went to emergency they wanted me to fill out the police report which I refused and said it was my dog, they insisted I fill out the papers but after I paid the bill I snuck out, I didn't fill them out.

People way underestimate the damage a Chow could do it really wanted to hurt someone, those little nips are nothing and most likely the boy scraped his finger on a tooth, your Chow probably had no intentions of actually biting.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Firesong here: I'd have my mom call the police herself and warn them that they have a potential problem in the neighborhood, the boy! A 13 year-old who torments a dog like that, (and yes I consider it tormenting) has some serious issues. What does he do with smaller children? He's mean and a bully and doesn't respect anything and should be taught a lesson before he hurts a person.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Jeff&Peks wrote:People way underestimate the damage a Chow could do it really wanted to hurt someone, those little nips are nothing and most likely the boy scraped his finger on a tooth, your Chow probably had no intentions of actually biting.
That they do Jeff, once I went to reach for Darkwind at the exact same time he reached for Firesong, (she was teasing him) and for a split second he had a good third of my hand in his mouth, my entire forefinger, the web between the forefinger and thumb and the thumb itself. He realised that he had the wrong thing in his mouth and his teeth just kissed my hand before he released and backed up, (looking a bit guilty). Had he bitten done I would have had some serious damage to my hand. A little nip with the front teeth is simply a warning. And personally had I been there and seen this boy, he would've forgotten all about what Coco did by the time I was through with him.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Jeff, I had the very same experience when Chuy bit me when I was breaking up a fight. Luckily, the doctor who treated my arm (which looked like chopped meat and was swollen and black and blue from palm to elbow - even though he had only clamped down once) was a good guy and told me that since it had been my own dog who bit me and he was up on his shots he wouldn't file a report.
I also feel the same as you: those scars will remind me of Chuy for the rest of my life. In a strange way I feel he "marked" me as his and that we're "bonded by blood". After it happened Chuy knew what he had done and was so sorry for weeks. He would only come near me in a sort of submissive attitude. He has never shown another sign of aggression since.
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

The sad thing about all that happened to Coco and Andrew's friend is that Andrew's friend will probably perpetuate the "mean chow" stories as he becomes an adult .... "when I was 13 my friends's chow bit me. They're mean, vicious, etc...etc...". That's what's sad about all that occured. Ignorance will follow ignorance and spawn ignorance.
xueshuxin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xueshuxin »

Hi Coco, I don't think the police can blame you for anything, since actually they can't see any mark on that boy's hand.

And don't worry about the boy saying chows are vicious whatever when he's grown up; you know in the world there're always people who dislike something, e.g., I don't like cats and I say they're mean and not loyal as dogs. But will this bother any cat lover? I don't think so.

Your mom shall stop that boy from entering your home again, he doesn't understand what equality is. Maybe to him a chow is just a pet, but what he doesn't realize is chows are equal to human beings from nature's perspective(maybe even at a higher level? who knows, but anyway only human beings kill/destroy/ruin/lie for lust or fun instead simply for a living), AND chows can kill people with just one bite. To be frank I hate that boy... Oh may Buddhar pls forgive me...
simbasmom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simbasmom »

oh man oh man... that boy's family is soo mean .. they invited my boy over to their house since he isn't allowed at our house no more. and then they told him that they reported us to animal control and they are going come and kill me .. then told him no big deal he could always get a new doggie :_| Andrew told him I was a pure bred chow, not a gerbil or a gold fish that you just go buy another one. Andrew came home in tears.. my mom told him not to worry no one is going to take me away and hurt me .. just to stay away from the terrible people...anyone would think I bit the kids arms off or something the way he is telling everyone that I cutest Coco attacked him ... geee whiz people are so dumb and mean.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh my gosh Coco!! What kind of people are these? Who tells a 13 year old boy that people are going to hurt his beloved bestest friend? How EVIL! I am so very sorry you are all going through this. Please give you mommy and Andrew purple kisses from me, also have them give you big hugs from me!
Special Dark
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh dear Coco, just tell Andrew to ignore them and give your Mommy and Andrew some hugs and purple kisses from us - some really nice purple kisses and some big Harumpphs and grnnnts. :D
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "What kind of people are these? Who tells a 13 year old boy that people are going to hurt his beloved bestest friend? How EVIL!"
---

Bullies thrive on generating negative excitement. It's a brain disorder.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

pretty soon you will be out of there...just hang in till then!
Sharon