Our Tip for Getting Purple Kisses!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Our Tip for Getting Purple Kisses!!

Post by LEO's mum »

I read that some of you are having difficulty getting kisses from your chowlings. Well, let me share my hubby's tip. SALIVA :shock: Lick the back of your hand and show it to your baby. It usually works, even when its excited and play biting. Puppies go for regurgitated food from their mums, I suppose... When LEO was really little, silly hubby used to smear his saliva all over his face and just lie on the floor for LEO to shower him w/ kisses. For the ladies out there, mind your hair!!
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

`

Post by ngraham »

ROFL.... I love my chow kisses, but not enough to spread saliva over my face. :) I usually don't have a bit of problem getting kisses from my Koda... now Miss Molly is alot more stingy with hers. :)
Nancy and Tai

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I tried this last night with M & M and licked the back of my hand. Milly sniffed it and I could hear the cogs in her brain working - " Oh! I wonder why she is licking her hand!" No purple kiss though - Mabel just ignored me. :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Odessa's mum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Odessa's mum »

Maybe it works but ewww :oops: not going to try.
Odessa gives me kisses when I ask for a hug and lean towards her. Sometimes I get a few but always at least one token kiss on the face.
And ofcourse if I am just sitting and relaxing, she loves to lick my feet and toes especially and boy does that feel great on a cold winter day.

Mildred
Blondie
Rank 0
Rank 0

our chow is a real kisser!

Post by Blondie »

when we come upstairs in the morning she kisses me all over and tries to climb in my lap. If I have been gone for an hour, the same thing. And sometimes she just comes over for affection out of the blue. And she is no puppy, she is ten years old
chris

Post by chris »

Steel gives kisses, but he is selective. sometimes he showers you with them, sometimes not.. just one or 2. and sometimes he looks at ya like "Not now lady." :-)
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Gracie gives me kisses all the time, and she also will sit on my lap. Nothing like having this monster dog sit on my lap licking my face! SOmetimes I swear she thinks she's a cat. I've even caut her sitting on the back of the sofa! I get groomed by her, I get licked sometimes to the point I have to pull my arm away and have her stop because its nearly dripping from her...yuck. She loves to give kisses.
chris

Post by chris »

LOL, my first chow "Grizz" would do that. We thought she thought she was a cat too. She would sleep on the back of the sofa, or wait for us to come home there. It was the funniest thing to see the first time she did it. :lol:

and so far all of my chows like to "try" to sit on my lap in the car.. Cant do it when they are 45 + lbs... :-)
simbasmom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simbasmom »

We have no shortage of purple kisses around our house.. I wake up to sloppy kisses every morning and Coco is constantly trying to lick my feet.. He is just a big loveable baby who constantly licks us.. He gets mad because I will put my slippers on so I can get a break.. so he hids my slippers all the time :roll: