Introducing Shug

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Introducing Shug

Post by Laura »

Well I couldn't stand it anymore so I am introducing Shug. After losing my baby I just had to have a puppy. I know it is too soon but I had to have some kind of relief so here the little minx is. It turns out that God does have a sense of humor. I went from having the best behaved doggie in the world to this little holy terror. He is all puppy and probably going to eat everything in my house including me...lol...but he is loved and so cute and makes me laugh all the time. I couldn't bear to get another black chow. I guess it felt too much like trying to replace Kody so we got this little cinnamon guy. He is NOTHING like Kody and in the end I am sure that is how it should be. He had the friendliest parents I have ever met. His dad was like a big ole Lab or something. I was amazed so maybe lil one will have a great temperment as well. He lets everyone hold him and plays with everybody. We start puppy class today mainly for socialization like everyone talks about on here but I am hoping for some pointers on getting him to behave as well. It has been 14 yrs since I last raised a puppy so I have been reading all of the advice on here.
I am sure Bama and Colonel will know where he gets his name from if I give them a big WAR EAGLE! :wink:
So this is Shug...aka Sugar Bear, Sugar Plum, Shuggy Wuggy, etc!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Now...that is a real live butterball teddy bear :lol:

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

What a cutie. Congratulations on the new fur child
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Laura

Congrats on your new chowbaby -- I too lost Mrs Tu very very recently and have already found a new chowbaby to adopt. She was a black chowgirl and initially I was looking for a black female -- I kept looking at pictures of black chowgirls needing a home but I never did see her face and I never will. The little guy I am adopting is cream colored although his rescue mom thinks he is a dilute because his little eyes are grey. From what I know about my new boy, he sounds TOTALLY and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than my little quiet, good little lady -- he is just a little over a year old and quite the puppy but a VERY VERY GOOD BOY from what I hear. Keep us posted on your little one. Here is picture of my soon to be chow son.

This was my little lady..

Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Sorry my pictures are so big, do not know how to resize...
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Patti I cried along with you over the loss of Mrs. Tu and you're soon to be chowkid is beautiful. He is a very lucky boy!I should have rescued but I am just so nervous with 2 step sons in the house and 2 kitty cats. I had two chows once before...both males...both neutered and raised together from puppyhood and they fought. It got worse and worse over the years to the point I had to keep them separated all the time. It made me leary of ever trying to have 2 chow chows together and also of adopting an older chow. I shouldn't be that way I suppose and you guys on here are certainly changing my mind on the issue. Maybe one day I can rescue or foster like so many of the wonderful people on here.
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "So this is Shug...aka Sugar Bear, Sugar Plum, Shuggy Wuggy, etc!"

And he looks as sweet as a cube of sugar, even if he sometimes makes you meshugenah :lol:
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "The little guy I am adopting is cream colored although his rescue mom thinks he is a dilute because his little eyes are grey."

In every photo of him that you've posted, there's something about the skull structure that reminds me of huskies. The gray eyes would certainly be a husky trait.

Best wishes. Hope you have him home soon.
newguy18
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by newguy18 »

he might be part husky on jersey (he is chow german shepherd mix) all the shepherd marks are in white well a little more cream than white so if i where you i would google image search some huskies and see if he has different color fur where the husky is darker/lighter ya know?
Image:Thanks Sweetpea!
Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

laura,
congradulations on your new baby,he is sooo sweet.my 1st chow ,chang was black and I couldn't bear to get another black chow until now and its 12 yrs later.I have had 4 chows since then all different colors,some rough and some smooth.I don't think its too soon.it helps to fill that empty void.wishing you all the best.
jacqui
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Congratulations on the new puppy! Shug's very cute.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

He really looks more chowish than labbish, not sure I would even guess he was a mix. Shug is adorable, congratulations!
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Shug is a cutie!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Aw, Shug, what a cutie, patootie!

Congradulations!

I just wanta squish him! Can you bring him to Georgia so I could squish on him?
Mia
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

Wow, what a real cutie!!!!!! Ming and Tempest send their best. More updates and more pictures! Also, congrats on the puppy kindergarten, we went through it and, for the most part, had a great time. We got our first chow, Chia, when she was a year old so we'd never done "puppy" before. Since we did it with Ming, we're definitely never doing "puppy" again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Thanks everyone and he is pure chow...I just meant his dad was as friendly as a lab with his jumping up and licking of us.
We went to puppy class and he did great. What I found funny was the only pup in the bunch to try and bite other dogs was a teeny tiny Boston Terrier. Shug went to say hi and got a nip for his efforts. Shug backed off and had this look on his face like 'what was that for?'. Class was ok but I was hoping for more socialization time.
Mia come on over to B'ham and squish away...hehe.
leisa75
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by leisa75 »

congrats on the new chow baby !!!
thanks sweetpea
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Congratulations - he is beautiful and it is not too soon at all - just enjoy his chowlinghood. :lol: Mischief included.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That is an adorable chowling. Enjoy this brief, though exhausting time. Pick him up alot, to hear those puppy grunts, cuz they go away fast. Oooh and that sweet (sorta) puppy breath!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Awwww Shugs is just adorable......I want another pupster awww! I want a whole herd actually but hubby just rolls his eyes. Whenever I see a beautiful puppy like shugs I get all maternal.
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

So cute! More, bigger pictures please :D