Matilda Fox is 4 months old today.

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Matilda Fox is 4 months old today.

Post by Judy Fox »

Matilda is four months old today and is growing fast. She is a character and has us in tucks often. She is very cheeky and oozes with confidence. She is a good little chowling - she eats her food well and her house training is completed. She asks to go out and she even comes in when she is called - well mostly!! :lol:
Mabel is teaching her the ropes though and does not put up with any nonsense from her. When she was younger Mabel was very tolerant and just put up with Matilda hanging from her mane and so on but now she gets told.
The other day they were out in the front garden and there were two big crows strutting about in the avenue the other side of the gate. Matilda started to bark at them. It was the first time we had heard her really bark other than little wuffs. Mabel got up from where she was lying and walked over to Matilda and "doofed" her on her face with her big beautiful paw as if to say, "Oi! Squirt - we don't bark at the birds." Matilda stopped barking and sat down by Mabel and just watched them.
I was very poorly over Christmas and am only just beginning to feel a touch better so over the holiday period Rhiannon took lots of pictures of Matilda, Mabel and Betie.
This first one is Isabelle giving her a cuddle.
Then Matilda and Bertie helping Isabelle with the computer.
Then close ups of Matilda and one of her and Mabel.
Matilda has taken over Milly's bed and loves to sit in it. She sleeps in it sometimes but not always.
This is a picture of the three of them having their dinner. They were very good and got on very well. Bertie is so well mannered with the girls and they love him.
In all these pictures, Matilda was just about three months old and she has grown since then.
Last edited by Judy Fox on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Matilda Fox is 4 months old today.

Post by chowpups »

Great pictures Judy and so glad Matilda is fitting in so well. Mabel sounds like a saint.. and trying to knock a little sense in Matilda that was a video moment I bet.. (and of course we never have the video camera handy when we need it right). So happy they are all bringing you such happy moments and please keep sharing..
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you and she is giving us such pleasure and you are so right - the video camera is all tucked up just when you need it and these moments happen so quickly and cannot be repeated.
This picture was taken the other day when she decided to relax while she was eating her dinner. :lol:

She really cracks us up with some of her antics.
This winter Fred has taken to wearing bed socks as his right foot gets very cold and numb so we bought him some several pairs of nice snuggy bed socks. Matilda is fascinated with them and will stick her nose under our duvet and pinch them. When I make our bed I fold his
pyjamas and put them on the bottom sheet with his bed socks so that they will get warm for him to put on when we switch on the electric blanket.
The other morning I got up first and made a cup of tea - first time for ages - Fred came into the sitting room and asked me if I had seen his bed sock. I told him that there was one in Matilda's bed but I had picked it up. He then waggled a bare foot at me and we both burst out laughing - the little baggage must have stuck her snout under the duvet and nicked his sock whilst he was asleep. I ask you, how cheeky is that. :roll: \:D/
Milly Ching was a baggage but she was calmer with it - this one is just blatantly cheeky and grins at us and rampages round doing just as she likes. :lol:
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Silly Matilda. She is such a cute, goofy little girl!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
dannyoconnor430
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dannyoconnor430 »

Really good to see the new one - and looking so big!! Have to admit probably due to not being on here that often when did you get the terrier Judy??? And also laughed at the "punching" it's something Max does all the time. He never uses his mouth, he just gives Holly a punch. She subsequently bites him but he feels better for it. Having seen the pics of your new addition, just reminds me exactly how good looking Chow pups are. Probably the best looking pups I think.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello Danny - you are right Chow Chow pups are really such beautiful little creatures.
The little Border Terrier is our daughter's dog and she brought him to stay over the Christmas period. He is a jolly little dog and so well mannered with Mabel and Matilda. He is a pleasure to have and is very affectionate. In fact he gives lovely cuddles as you can see by this picture. Matilda is very affectionate but as for cuddles, there are far more pressing things to do. When I invited Bertie up for a cuddle he got up very gently and it was as if he knew I wasn't well. With Matilda, Fred helped her to clamber up but as her back legs were clambering up, her front legs were already going down the other side so that was as far as a cuddle got with her. :lol:
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

shes so cute Judy ,glad your feeling better too xxx
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Judy, It is so nice hearing from you, I hope you continue to feel better. I am in love with Matilda and it sounds like Mabel is being a wonderful sister and teaching her how the Fox girls behave. Such a good egg

David
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

What a sweet girl Mabel is and obviously knows exactly how to get an unrully chowlettes attention when Matilda is going off on one. Glad to hear you are improving I hope it continues. [:D]

Hugs to dear little Tilly who is not so little already!
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
samsonite23
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by samsonite23 »

She's adorable! Happy 4 months!
I love my Chow!! He is my best friend!! I insured Skye with pet insurance and never regret it since!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Matilda is such a doll. :) She's getting so big. I can't believe she's already 4 months old. :shock: But she's getting more beautiful by the day. :) And Mabel is teaching her so well. :lol: :D
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
ibsy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ibsy »

After spending the whole day being chewed, chased and puched by Matilda Bertie had to hide under the sofa to get away from the little madam, Harry was in his bed hiding from her and Mabel was asleep so, guess who was picked to be the playmate for the next hour .....ME!!
I like chow pups when they're asleep, or when they're in the kitchen and I can admire them through the stair gate or, when they're messing with someone else. Suprisingly, I don't like chow pups when theyre hanging from my head thinking that my hair is the best chew toy since ..well..Mabel's mane or, Harry's tail or, Bertie's tackle or, her Dad's socks, or the toy that is meant to be chewed or tugged!!! :roll: