Eukanuba Dog Show- Chow

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Eukanuba Dog Show- Chow

Post by summer_rose03 »

The Chow Chow got third place in the Non-sporting group on the Eukanuba dog show! Not great, but at least they get some recognition!
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Eukanuba Dog Show- Chow

Post by CoraP. »

Really! That doesn't happen very often. I get SO tired of the d@$n poodle winning all the time!! (Don't tell me a poodle got first place??!)
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

The poodle did. They are the most noticed in the show ring because of their coat and cut.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I don't find anything attractive about the "continental" cut! That makes me MAD! :twisted:
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Haha, you are talking to a groomer. I didn't understand it before I started grooming. If you knew what went into a haircut and preparation of that style, you would understand the hype. I have been grooming for 2.5 yrs and could never come close to doing that cut.I love doing fancy/fun poodle cuts (although not the continental) when I have the time. If you can master a poodle, you can do any dog!

It started out having a purpose, then just became a showy/fancy cut. The original purpose for the pom poms was to cover and protect the joints while they retrieved in the water.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Poodles... =;
ImageImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I suppose you are right. I don't know what I am talking about. I just love chows and don't understand why poodles always win!
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Which ever breed wins it's doome for the breed so its best the Chow dosn't win. Even in third place the dollar signs are going of in the breeders head but they will be busy this week filling the shelters with poodles. You know a breed has hit the big time when you can buy the puppies out of a box in the wal-mart parking lot.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Excellent point Jeff....puppies being sold in the Wal-Mart parking lot!
When I see that, I go inside Wal-mart and give them an ear full for promoting
irresponsible pet owners for not neutering and spaying their pets.
And what about disease and/or animal cruelty, dogs being kept in a cardboard
board box in the back of a truck or inside a car, parked in the Wal-Mart parking lot?
It takes, "the speech" for them to shut down the puppy peddlers in the parking lot
around here!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I saw the group and the Chow Chow was a rich red...very nice looking! Though, I like the looks of my 'lesser' Chow better- mane like a lion, tail like a pompon, and she runs and leaps like a stubby legged gazelle...lol.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Which ever breed wins it's doome for the breed so its best the Chow dosn't win. Even in third place the dollar signs are going of in the breeders head but they will be busy this week filling the shelters with poodles. You know a breed has hit the big time when you can buy the puppies out of a box in the wal-mart parking lot.
This is scary twice I agree with Jeff. It is better for the chow that it isn't recognized as a top dog, less profiteers going after chows
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Chow Chow Mama wrote:Poodles... =;

Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

summer_rose03 wrote:The poodle did. They are the most noticed in the show ring because of their coat and cut.
Now try to find a poodle that looks like that in the "real world"

I watched most of the show but at the end found out I missed the non sporting group,lol
I loved the malamute,the husky and the Samoyed.
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Desi wrote:
Chow Chow Mama wrote:Poodles... =;

Hehehe :lol:
ImageImageImage
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Well, Standard Poodles aren't the popular ones, at least not in this area. It's anything MIXED with a poodle that's popular. The English Pointer won Best of Show, so I would imagine they will suffer. I have seen maybe a total 5 English Pointers in my years as a groomer. They haven't been as popular as the GSHPs, and in this respect,they have not been over bred either.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!