surgery update

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

surgery update

Post by Sharons Chows »

To all my chow friends

I am scheduled for surgery Tuesday, 24th

They are going to remove the entire right side of the colon and all of the lymph nodes surrounding it and reattach the rest of the colon to small intestine bar there is nothing else bad going on. He has some concern of some other issues.

Looks like I cannot have a laprascope and it most likely will be the full cut. My hospital stay is expected to be at least a week and recuperation another 6-8 weeks which of course means no income....including no work again this week. Oh well!

You have all been so kind with your thoughts and prayers and of course all of the purple kisses that have been sent my way...so really no need to reply to this post...just wanted you all to know.

JR and Cheyenne have been so awesome. They seemed to have both developed these wing like appendages on their backs and seem to believe that they are my guardian angels.
Hopefully my son and my friend will take turns at my house to take care of them during this time.

Lots of love to you all,
Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: surgery update

Post by janet »

sharon i know nothing anyone says can make you feel better especially when people say "dont worry".lol. i know everyone means well though.
i know how you feel in a way. when i had my surgery, i was out of work without pay for a while. i was scareds sh!t.i called some of the utility companies and told them the truth, they understood believe it or not.they let me make payments late with no problem.
dont get too stressed about it, cause without your health money doesnt mean a damn thing.

i dont have much, but im willing to help with the feeding costs of jr and cheyenne if you'd like.its the least i can do.one less thing to worry about.
we love you and want you to get well. pm me with any information and id be more than happy to send you some help.
take care of yourself, hang in there.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Sharon you will be in my prayers. If I were closer I would help out with the fur kids but can't do it from here. Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything any of us can do for you.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

All the best for a speedy recovery Sharon and hope your back home with your fur kidz soon. Your in my prayers.[-o|
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

sharon, WIshing you the speediest recovery. I am sure once this nightmare is over, things will turn around and get better for you

David
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Sharon,
we are all thinking of you and saying prayers that this will be over for you soon and you'll be up and around in no time.
JR and Cheyanne will be spoiled having you home with them.
take care of yourself and please let us know how you are as soon as you are able.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Hello Sharon, I wish I could do more than just write a few words. This too will pass and you'll be up and running and taking your chows for walkies. A few scars, don't worry, they'll heal in time and disappear or will be very faint. I had a hysterectomy and the scar is gone. I wasn't young when I had the surgery.

Try to keep busy between now and the surgery. I don't know how it works in the US, try to set up after surgery care at home. Do you have VON available? Will you need to make arrangements for your trip home? Try to pre cook some meals and freeze them so you don't need to prepare meals when you come home. Take care of yourself, get plenty of sleep to build up your immune system. I will be thinking of you and send positive thoughts your way.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm wishing for the best for you Sharon. Take care and as everyone has said, let us know if any help is needed!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Sharon,

Wishing you all the best & speedy recoveries. Hugs to you, JR & Cheyenne.

Leonora's mum
PS: LEO sends Purple Kisses!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Sharon, hang in there. We're also wishing you a speedy recovery, hug those two fuzzballs tight!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
socialwork555
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by socialwork555 »

We are thinking of you, hoping you well. Hope everything goes exactly as planned. Take good care, and we send hugs and licks your way.
Stay hopeful---we will be!
Christine, Kirby, Gordo and Paz
Christine and Paz

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Saying Prayers and thinking of you today, Sharon [-o|

Thanks Sweetpea!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thinking about you today Sharon. Hugs to you!
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

Hugs, positive thoughts, good wishes, and prayers are speeding your way for a full and fast recovery! I was out of work for 6 weeks after my surgery, but luckily, I had enough sick/vacation time built up that I didn't have any financial problems, and I was only in the hospital 3-4 days. I was very lucky in that I healed up very quickly - but I took all my alloted time off anyway!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

You are in my prayers.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

hey guys, i just wanted to say that i spoke with sharon late last night on the phone. all i can say is wow. she is one great lady. tried to give her some confidence and told her everything will be fine. i know how she felt, i was a nervous wreck the night before my surgery.
its weird, but i felt like i knew her my whole life, and it was the first time we had actually "spoke". nice as they come.
im hopin the surgery went ok and she's comfortable.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Hello chowfriends,

First, I'd like to say...yes, Janet, you said it right, Sharon is a very nice individual.
As we say in the south, she's "fine folk"!

POST OP REPORT:
Sharon has had her surgery and now resting in her hopital bed. Doctors removed a large tumor from
her colon. Testing on the tumor will not produce results until at least a week.
Sharon will remain in the dreary hospital for at least another week to 10 days.
The procedure and recovery is a very painful journey, however doctors are doing their best to
keep her comfortable. Despite her pain and concern, Sharon has proven what a real trooper she is!
JR and Cheyenne are being cared for until Friday.
Just a thought here, but with Sharon having to take unpaid leave of absence and
JR and Cheyenne needing care, possibly boarding for a while....
I know any monetary gifts would help her and the chowdren.
Please pm me. I will send your gifts on to Sharon as I receive them.

Sharon, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there girlfriend!

hugs,
Sherill
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hi all, I spoke to Sharon yesterday after Sher did and she asked me to post and update. Sher posted all the latest but Sharon wasn't sure if she'd told her everything or not. She was much happier than the past few weeks. I haven't heard her so optimistic in months. She got a ray of sunshine as they released her grandsaughter from the hopsital weeks before she was scheduled to go home, I think that's keeping her very happy. She's been so greatful to have all the support from the site. She's been so happy for all the calls and the well wishes from this thread. She wanted to mention that she did get to read the chowfest thread before she went in and she loved seeing all the pictures! :D :D
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

Thanks for the updates - I'm keeping my fingers crossed, sending positive energy, good thoughts and wishes, prayers, and anything else I can think of, that she gets VERY good news when the tests are complete, as well as a quick recovery, of course!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Sorry I've been out of it, but I have been thinking of you Sharon. Glad to hear the surgery went well. I'll be in touch soon.

Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Hope you have a quick recovery. We are all thinking of you!
SweetPea Rocks!!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Has anyone been in contact with Sharon since the last update? I tried calling her today, but got her voicemail. I told her we were all thinking about her and wishing her well.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

No I haven't heard from her since Thursday. She said she'd probably call when she got home because she was still in a lot of pain and very heavily medicated.

Post by Guest »

Sharon is at home as of this afternoon.

She is able to communicate now that she is not having the major reaction to medications.
Sure she will post in the next few days. The future looks ok.
i have had the dogs since before she went in.

Take care
Alan
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE