Pekoe and the rain

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pekoe and the rain

Post by Jeff&Peks »

We have been getting some really heavy rain in LA for a few days, Like most Chows Pekoe dosn't like the rain either but when ya gotta go ya gotta go. This has been Pekoe's daily look in the house. Notice the mud tracks in front of the doggy door, It proves she has been using her Chow Door.

“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Pekoe and the rain

Post by Laura »

Yeaaaaaaaaa Miss Pekoe. I'm so glad you gave in and decided the doggy door wasn't so bad afterall. We hate the rain around here too...it's a real drag on our outside time!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

How sweet. I do that with Holden after he's had a bath and is laying in my bed. Have to make sure they don't catch a chill!
ImageImageImage
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

She looks very beautiful and warm laying there.
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Sure looks like she has no intentions of getting up anytime soon, doesn't she? :lol:
ImageImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

awww, jeff pekoe looks great, wet and all. she still looks like a baby.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Is that a towel or a blanket?
You keep it on her so she stays warm after the rain? That is really sweet!
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Very sweet, that Miss Pekoe. Sophie treats all towels like they are her sworn enemy, glad to see Pekoe is more sensible.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Molly is like Pekoe, she does not appreciate getting wet!! :?
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Ginger doesn't seem to mind the rain. She just stands out there as if it is perfectly normally. She doesn't handle the towels or blow dryer well. I'm glad she started using her doggy door. We are putting one in this spring I think so Ginger can run back and forth as much as she wants without me having to stand by the door opening and closing it every five seconds. I am nothing if not her personal slave.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I knew when I got the door it was going to take some time to get her to use it but I thought once she got use to it I could sllep past Pekoe's 4 am wake up call but nope now she comes through the door then has to grunt and snort untill I wake up then she goes to sleep. She thinks I'm supposed to take over 4 am guard duty it had nothing to do with waking me up to let her out. She also won't use the door if she knows i'm awake or in the room she will stand outside or inside barking untill i open the door even though she knows how to use it. I love the games she plays to see who's in charge around here, She's lucky she stil makes me laugh even at 4 in the morning.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

That's too funny!

Mia does the same with me. If I have to get up to take her out, when she comes back in, she wants me to stay awake and take over guard duty, so she can go back to sleep. Hugely amusing, NOT!!
Mia
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Glad to see that she is using her door more. She cracks me up, her and Butters really know how to try one's patience. I love that she won't use it if you are in the room. Too Funny!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Pekoe is looking great. It must be a chow thing, Yoshi won't use the doggie door either if I am there.
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Awww Pekoe...you're not spoiled at all are you?? :lol: She looks very comfy & cozy laying there.