this one was taken by Romey's Mom
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Don't Despair

Post by CoraP. »

Beautiful chows and flowers!! I hope it will be looking like that around here soon!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Now that is a pretty picture.!!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Ginger Bears Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ginger Bears Mom »

Oh my they are more beautiful than the Daffodils! Great picks!
Betty, Ziggy's Mom
Ginger Bears Mom ~ In Loving Memory, 8.5.93 - 11.16.07

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Thanks, they are an odd couple, but somehow they make it work. The daffs have been spectacular this year.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Beautiful pics! I don't know how you keep Sophie's behind so clean and fluffy...she always looks like she just got out of the salon.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Your beautiful pictures look like they are from a movie, or a professional shot... =D=
Fluffy furkids and flowers? Really pretty indeed!
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

Daffodils and chows...my two favorite things! :P Great pics!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The scenery looks like they are in cartoon land, it looks like a Teletubie show.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0o ... m&ei=UTF-8
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Beautiful Sophie :D
Thank you Elodie!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Beautiful! I think they are a cute couple! This is the southern advantage. The only photo I have, is of Lily sitting on her dirty, quickly shrinking snow mound! If we are lucky, and all goes well, we will have crocuses by Easter!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

fillyok wrote:Beautiful pics! I don't know how you keep Sophie's behind so clean and fluffy...she always looks like she just got out of the salon.
Waterless shampoo and judicious snipping. :wink: Seems like she's always dirty, but most of it slides right off. Maybe she should run for office.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. She does seem to be starring in her own movie most of the time, but the scenery is pretty, well, scenic here this time of year. Can't go wrong with a Tennessee springtime backdrop.

Auddy, she was sitting on her own crust of snow about this time last week. Crazy weather. Hopefully we won't get blowtorched like we did last year, it was brutal.

Anyway, be of good cheer... Spring, it's coming to a town near you, check your local listings for time and date.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

The daffodils enhance Sophie's beauty :wink: ...very pretty!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Miss Sophie is gorgeous as always. She has the best face...just love her!
Spring is coming here too...while I was gone last week lots of trees bloomed...so pretty!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Karen, as you well know, no garden is complete without a chow... or two. :D
Laura, the redbuds are just teetering on the edge of popping open here, fingers crossed for no freak hard freezes like last year.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Gorgeous photos! Sophie is so beautiful, I still say she has the most gorgeous ees I've ever seen.

I love how you said that it seems like she's satrring in her own movie most of the time, I think you should coin that as the chow motto because oh my gosh is it true for Special D too! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Beautiful twosome. Beautiful scenery. We're one month behind. Tulips, daffs won't show till the end of April. I'm jealous at all who live south of here. Anyone wanna see pics of dirty, crusty, old snow peppered with stuck to the icy doggie poop? Can't scrape it off, ice is too heavy to lift, the ice is stuck to the brown grass, what a mess. I like your TN photos.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

socialwork555
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by socialwork555 »

Wish I could have been there............beautiful days with the fluffy sweeties! So nice!
:D
Christine and Paz

chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Sophie is a beautiful girl, as always. Is her companion an American Eskimo?
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

sit_by_the_beach wrote:Beautiful twosome. Beautiful scenery. We're one month behind. Tulips, daffs won't show till the end of April. I'm jealous at all who live south of here. Anyone wanna see pics of dirty, crusty, old snow peppered with stuck to the icy doggie poop? Can't scrape it off, ice is too heavy to lift, the ice is stuck to the brown grass, what a mess. I like your TN photos.

Got plenty of THAT here too. I am so SICK of this winter....I can only hope we have a nice spring whenever it starts and we don't go straight into a hot dry summer, which will mean no flowers here at all and more dead grass and trees. There may be hope, Firesong just started blowing her coat hopefully that means that winter is ending....
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Victory wrote: Got plenty of THAT here too. I am so SICK of this winter....I can only hope we have a nice spring whenever it starts and we don't go straight into a hot dry summer, which will mean no flowers here at all and more dead grass and trees. There may be hope, Firesong just started blowing her coat hopefully that means that winter is ending....

It may be cold in Minneapolis but your living in the 9th cleanest city in the US. Alf lives in the 2nd cleanest city in the US with SF coming in 6th. Us OCD people keep up on these kinds of things Ya know.

http://www.forbes.com/logistics/2008/03 ... peed=15000

Opps, I was thinking this was Alf's Jeep post, Sorry Nashville didn't make the list.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

chow fancier wrote:Sophie is a beautiful girl, as always. Is her companion an American Eskimo?
Yes, he's a rescue, courtesy of the Eskie RR. Soon to be joined by another eskie, Jack, who will be spending time with Romey's mom, Kelley, while his mom undergoes chemo. Jack is a true spaz, and completely baffling to Sophie, but I think she likes him.

Spring Watch '08 update:
snow tomorrow, followed by intermittent periods of zoominess.
Fold all springy shorty pants into a neat wad and shove back into closet. Welcome to Tennessee.

At least we don't have to worry about digging poopsickles out of the back yard, you all have my sympathy on that.

Nashville didn't make the cut on cleanest city list, bad aim locals keep missing the spitoons.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

The Eskies are pretty pups, a little more demanding and active than our chows, I think.

Thanks for the glimpse of spring, I understand the fickleness of weather. We had one day in the 50's here followed by 4 inches of snow the next day. Yesterday it got above freezing and you can see some grass again. There are buds on the trees and I saw (briefly) tulips and daffodils pushing out of the soil on the one warm day. Spring must be around the corner.

Here in Rockford, IL we broke all records for a winter's snowfall by mid February this year, everything since then is just assuring that the record will hold for a good long time, at least I hope so. It has been a long dismal winter. All three hospitals in the area have been at peak census (basically full, often with patients in the ER waiting for beds until someone is discharged) since mid January here, so many with influenza, pneumonia, and other respiratory problems that seem to come with the weather.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Sophie is as beautiful as always :)
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Here's some video of Sophie and her two eskie buds from last summer I made for Jack's mom, Jan. I had a hard time keeping Jack in frame he's so hyper, and Sophie just doesn't know what to make of him. Every now and then he'll run up behind her barking like a maniac, and she'll cut her eyes in his direction... and he just folds like a cheap card table. Completely opposite in every way than Romey, although they are both purebreds.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie