this is why...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

this is why...

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

This is why I have contracts on my pups, oops or not. So they dont' wind up emaciated, dumped off, thrown away. So I have control and contact and someone can be responsible and step in before it gets any worst than this... and this is pretty bad. I am just so glad to have him back to help change his life... there is one more in the works to come home.
Here is Caesar
and here is what he looked like the last time I saw him in person, note that his mom didnt look like some crazed person. She actually gave the pup to her college daughter, and that was the first breach of contract

....this is why breeders need contracts... for oops litters or not, so babies like this don't end up in kill shelters, starving, neglected and thrown away...
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

:cry: How old is he Carla? What the flip was the daughter doing to him!
Thank you Elodie!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Layla wrote::cry: How old is he Carla? What the flip was the daughter doing to him!
He is 14 mo old. He will be 15 mo old on the 24th of July.
Pretty sad, but.. pretty sweet in that this is why I am strongly for contracts and breeders taking responsiblity when puppy parents fail thier puppies. And she failed him pretty miserably.
I have no idea Layla, I have no idea. But after not getting enough replies to my emails I had to take it a step farther, and this is what I found. And needless to say I can be one nasty ho when my babies are (deleted word) around with and he came home TODAY!
daddywiehe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by daddywiehe »

Is that coloring of his fur or is he missing it? If it's missing how sad someone would treat an animal like that and not seek care for it.
TwoBelovedChows
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TwoBelovedChows »

Oh my goodness! I would feel the same way. I would definitely think of physically assaulting anyone who hurt any animal that I had raised. I think I would probably also see if I couldn't prosecute this woman somehow - maybe for breach of contract.

I really think that things have to start being made very tough (at least legally) for people who mistreat animals. I always think of what Gandhi said - that one can tell a lot about a society by the way it's animals are treated.

At least he's safe now.

Marlena, Chuy & Magy
chris

Post by chris »

Carla, is Ceaser at your house in those pictures? How did you know where to go to get him if he was with the daughter? I can't believe that... look at him. I may have popped that woman right inbetween the eyes... knock some sense into her. What did they say when you showed up at the door? and were they reluctant about you taking the dog bacK?
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

You are right, once they leave the breeders home, you don't know what happens to them. I am glad you could rescue him and hopefully we will have a chance for a better life with a new family

Dogdad
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank God he is safe back home! Poor little chap - that is awful. :(
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

OMG I cannot believe people. How is he health-wise, besides how pitiful he looks??? He's going to be okay now, right???
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Carla, while it is good that you followed up and got this one back, isn't his condition ultimately your fault in the first place? You created him, handed him over to some #$%^stain and this is the result.

While you have taken responsibility for him now, the damage is already done. You can't just shine him up and put them back in the window storefront and hope nobody will notice. In fact he just joined the ranks of all the other unwanted Chows that need to find a home. :cry:
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Thank GOD he is back home with you Carla!!!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Great you got him back home!!!! What happens to him now??? Are you gonna keep him??? POOR GUY :cry:

Thanks Sweetpea!
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Sojourner11 wrote:Carla, while it is good that you followed up and got this one back, isn't his condition ultimately your fault in the first place? You created him, handed him over to some #$%^stain and this is the result.

While you have taken responsibility for him now, the damage is already done. You can't just shine him up and put them back in the window storefront and hope nobody will notice. In fact he just joined the ranks of all the other unwanted Chows that need to find a home. :cry:
Sean, what is wrong with you? So I take it you hate dogs. All of them.. you must. You are saying that not just this boy, but ALL the rescues on here, everyones baby here shouldnt have been born. That thier life is a mistake. You must be a PETA member. Because everyones dog at some point must be created some how at some place, and if you don't think they should be created then you must not like them being pets in the first place. Or maybe you are upset because you didnt get to be a glory seeker, out rescuing trying to prove your point. It must really upset you to think that a breeder can be responsible for the end result, oops litter or not, that blows away your theory and you can't wrap your mind around it. I am responsible for retrieving him from a bad situation, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE how they treated him, and how dare you EVER say that. I was responsible enough to go and get him once I found out how he was being treated. He IS NOT in the ranks of unwanted chows, he never was, and never will be. Thats your sick view and I feel you need help.
And your comment about shining him and putting him a storefront window, YOU DISGUST ME. YOU ARE A SICK SOB!! WHAT CAN YOUR DOGS LIFE ACTUALLY BE LIKE LIVING WITH SOMEONE WHO DOESNT EVEN THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN!!!!
HE ISN'T MERCHANDISE YOU "Censored Word", HE'S A LIVING BREATHING FEELING SWEET BOY, WHO DESERVED BETTER AND NOW WILL GET BETTER, THANKS TO HIS BREEDER WHO GAVE A DAMN!

He was fortunate enough to be born into a home that loves all thier puppies and gives them a back up plan. Its never too late unless they have already taken thier last breath.

Vicki: I am keeping him for as long as it takes, and maybe forever. I haven't made any plans except to help him re adjust to what life is suppose to be like and help him get his fur back and to trust people. Thats a big enough goal.
Jen: YEAH! I know... I am so glad!
Judy: Thanks, I know.. it made me sob and want to attack the girl..
DogDad: This is why if we all want to have chows to love, we need to make sure that the breeder or place they come from have a back up plan for them, and actually FOLLOW UP! Having a contract and actually enforcing it is 2 different things.
Chris: You can see now why I asked if you'd go check up on my baby there some time. You can't trust that everyone is doing to do what they say thety will. I have sent these pictures ALL my puppy parents with a stern warning. I will NOT tolerate this and I will get the puppy back if I even think this going on, just like I did this one. Yes that is him here at my house. He is in the Yorkie's run. :-) without the yorkies. We have built a new run for him, Finishing the latches today. I have to keep him out of the sun as he can get sunburned :-( She was NOT reluctant to give him back to me... It sounds boastful to say that no one would want to piss me off, but honestly... I'm not one goes quietly and says nothing. She waited at the bottom of the driveway, leash in hand, bag of dog food, all his paperwork (except medical go figure) and a look on her face like please don't beat me up. I had her load him up in the crate, and we left. I found him because I was persistant. If you call enough people, you can either get results or go to jail LOL.
Marlena: you are so right. And yes as you can see above.. I had to use restraint, not on the dog, but on myself from hurting her. I had so much anger that poor Caesar could sense it, and he growled at me. He wasn't growlig for long.
Daddywiehe: That is both is furn and his skin... pitiful isnt it... makes you want to vomit. Its ok, he is in a covered a run for now and I have been told what to put on him so he doesn't burn when out playing. A lot of rehab to come.
Thanks everyone, for wishing him well.
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Carla,

if every breeder were like you... we wouldn't have a problem with abandoned or "unwanted" pooches in this country.
Good for you!

Do you mean to tell us that you aren't meek and timid? No one is buying THAT! ;-)
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

j72 wrote:Carla,

if every breeder were like you... we wouldn't have a problem with abandoned or "unwanted" pooches in this country.
Good for you!

Do you mean to tell us that you aren't meek and timid? No one is buying THAT! ;-)
Grrrrrrr......yeah yeah... RIGHT... my mother wishes.
Caesar has an appt tomorrow at my vets.
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Sean,

I have to ask this, and I am really curious and not being fecious.
What is it that you want? Do you want no breeding? Do you want responsible breeding? In your perfect world if you could make Carla do whatever you wanted her to do, what would that be?
I know you are in rescue and you see the atrocities that human beings commit against animals, and there is no excuse for what you have had to see. So in no way am I being disrespectful of you, but I really want to know what it is that you would wish to see as far as breeding goes?
chris

Post by chris »

Carla, how did Ceasers fur come to be like that? What should his fur be like? is he a smooth or a rough coat? He is so adorable to me even in that condition. If I could, I would take him but I am not in the position to do so. Poor guy. Keep us updated on his Vet visit tomorrow. Have you ever had to take any of your other babies back? Did you call this woman and tell her you were coming and taking him?
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

You set a fire, you put out the fire, then you want credit for stopping a fire. And you dare to ask for praise?

Get it through your thick ignorant skull that some 5000 dogs a day are killed. 120,000 sit on petfinder right now including 3000 Chow/Chow mixes. Their would be more pure Chow if they didn't get the honor of executing them first simply by being a Chow.

How many has Jeff posted in the last few days? How many more do we not here about? How many more will have to suffer a insane economic market that basically says you are better off and cheaper to dump your dog off and get a new one. This is the market that the breeder creates. Every puppy born literally kills off an adult.

It is simple economics, and I am sorry if some are too GREEDY and or STUPID to realize this.

Carla I see you as having some twisted form of Munchausen syndrome by proxy. You need to get help.

You can not have your cake and eat it too. By not saying this is wrong you validate and approve of the killing and abuse these dogs suffer.

If the market for Chows was in balance and demand was greater than supply, then breed away.

No I am not in PETA, but I am seeing their point. Can't stop dumba$$e$ from making more dogs when there are too many already. And this BS only makes their point for them.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

RHENEGADE CHOWS wrote: WHAT CAN YOUR DOGS LIFE ACTUALLY BE LIKE LIVING WITH SOMEONE WHO DOESNT EVEN THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN!!!!
Well they aren't getting thrown down a hill over and over if that is what you mean....
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

chris wrote:Carla, how did Ceasers fur come to be like that? What should his fur be like? is he a smooth or a rough coat? He is so adorable to me even in that condition. If I could, I would take him but I am not in the position to do so. Poor guy. Keep us updated on his Vet visit tomorrow. Have you ever had to take any of your other babies back? Did you call this woman and tell her you were coming and taking him?
She shaved him down constantly. Look at steel and give a good cry. That is how his coat should be.See my cream male in the middle of the picture below, Imagine a steel blue coat with hazel eyes. He looks just like his dad, but dressed in blue. :'(
The last time this girl returned my phone call was 5 months ago, and she told me that she had shaved him...I told her NOT to shave him, I called her mom and asked what was going on. She said she'd make sure Daniel called me back and they would set up a time for me to teach her how to groom properly. Then it was unanswered phone calls, unanswered emails, and I had to get a little nasty. In which case they said, yes please come get him, he attacked my Dad. So when I asked what attacked was, I was told a tooth mark and a scratch. OH PLEASE...He had been moved around the dad I was told didnt care for him in the first place. I think this girl was in her early early twenties, if that. But again, thanks to the contract, and me having one of the best attornies in all of the NRV I didnt have to take any farther than a name drop and a threat, and then all of sudden they neeeeeeeded my help... Yeah right...I have only had one chow shaved this close before, and that was due to medical reasons, over a 100 puncture wounds they stoped counting. But NEVER have I seen or had a groomer go this short. He has sprigs (no offense) like a chemo patient... sorry I couldnt think of another way to describe it. No offense anyone.
Anyways... he WILL be ok... As for the other chow, I am waiting for pictures...
I will keep posting on this thread about him. Had to change his appt due to stitches being removed tomorrow from Jazz at the vet hospital. Caesar doesnt have runny eyes, and doesnt have a rib showing, or puss from his sores, no fever, diarhea, and isnt dehydrated, so Thursday will be fine for his exam and shot.
Last edited by RHENEGADE CHOWS on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Sojourner

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO CARLA!!!

YOU ARE A RUDE, POMPOUS, A$$HOLE!!

YOU MIGHT THINK YOU ARE ALL ABOUT RESCUE AND SAVING UNWANTED DOGS BUT YOU HAVE THE
NERVE TO PUT DOWN SOMEONE WHO
IS DOING HER BEST TO BE SURE THERE ARE NO UNWANTED CHOWS FROM HER LITTERS

THEN YOU HAVE THE
BALLS TO USE AN UNFORTUNATE EVENT OUTSIDE ANYONE'S CONTROL, AND USE IT TO CAUSE CARLA PAIN -

YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN THE PERSON THAT ABUSED CEASER! YOU JUST ABUSE PEOPLE RATHER THAN ANIMALS!

TAKE YOUR EGO AND STICK IT!
~ Sally
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

Salandra....

=D=
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Sean and Carla, take whatever is going on with the both of you on this thread to PM.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Salandra and J72,

I have no qualms about abusing those who systematically cause the death of Chows. Nobody is taking up for those Chows that got the death penalty for nothing that they did other than being born so why should those who actively take part in it get off so easy.

She chose to breed, I did not choose that for her.

She caused Caesar to exist, not I.

She took money for him, not I.

She allowed this person to take Caesar, not I.

She claims no responsibility for his fate simply because of a piece of paper that in her mind absolves her of all guilt.

It's her bed, she can lay in it.

She chose to attack the welfare of my pets in my care when she has no logic left in her case and it starts to look bad for her.

She wants to portray herself as a victim, and portray me as some heartless, cruel, dog hater, well good luck with that one.

Only the dogs here are the victims, not the breeder.

(See all that said and no caps or exclamation points)
chris

Post by chris »

Carla... Did I miss something? there is another Chow?