How embarrassing!!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

How embarrassing!!!

Post by ski »

On Fathers Day we had a few people for dinner. We ate on the screened in porch (where the dogs hang out) and I set a little serving table next to the dinner table to hold a few dishes...including my homemade blue cheese dressing. Out of nowhere Loki comes to the table, sticks his head in the silver bowl containing the dressing and licks in clean! I have never seen him eat anything so fast. He is a picky eater and often doesn't even finish his dinner (which, by the way is specially prepared for him). I was so embarrassed. I said to my guests...he has NEVER done that before. He usually ignores food. Back in the kitchen I went to make more dressing making sure to leave it high enough for him to ignore. Loki usually has impeccable manners!!!!
natashalindley
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How embarrassing!!!

Post by natashalindley »

haha oh dear, what a naughty rascal! I took Django to my friends house and he soon found and devoured all the cat food, with the cat looking on with a very unhappy look on his face! They are such cuties though!!
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

How embarrassing!!!

Post by TyChowgirl »

Once, when Ty was a puppy, we were visiting my in laws for one of the first times and everyone was home...so my mother in law made a turkey. We were all seated throughout the living room with out plates (it's a rather small house) and some of us were even on the floor. In typical Ty fashion, while he was curious and it all smelled good he respected everyone's space...respected it enough to wander over into the kitchen. No one paid him any mind because it was summer, the linoleum was cooler, and that's where he had been laying while there over the course of a couple of days. So he almost got away with very gently and tenderly pulling a turkey leg towards the end of the table. He almost had it too, if it weren't for us meddling humans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk