any chow rescues close to Reading PA??

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

any chow rescues close to Reading PA??

Post by chowkidz »

The Pet Expo in Reading PA is in March http://www.horseandpetexpo.com/petexporeading . I read on their site that they look for sponsors for rescues. I talked to my boss and he said ok, so Reading Consumer Products is going to sponsor a rescue. i called the two Chow Rescues in PA, one # was disconnected (Taklamkan chow welfare)the other was a radio station (pendrawgn) /:) . I would love to have a chow rescue there, any rescues close to Reading that would like to have a free space for the weekend?
Seems like every time i try and help i just keep hitting a wall..........thank goodness i wear a helmet.......... :wall:
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: any chow rescues close to Reading PA??

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I just read they busted two huge puppymills in PA one of them had 150 dogs (half were pregnant) living in dirty cages, a tiger and frozon some dead some live horses all over the property. That was just one of the puppymills i don't know what the second one had.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Pendragwn is a registered member. You could try PM'ing her. Otherwise, here is the web site address and tele number listed on her profiles: Teri Palmer-Roby (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/PA365.html) and/or (http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/pendr ... escue.html) 717-399-4185
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Zhuyos mom the phone # you have is the one i tried and it was the radio station. I did not know she was a member, do you know what name she is under?
The chowkidz
ImageImageImage
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

I found it, i will send her a PM. Thanks
The chowkidz
ImageImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

There are also phone numbers on her petfinder rescue link. I would try the numbers listed there too. She may not have logged onto the site for some time and might have forgotten her password or the site may not recognize it (happens from time to time). So try the tele #'s on her web site as well.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Teri usually responds to emails, but may take a while as she's so busy. Try pendragwn@gmail.com
Thank you Elodie!
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

thanks everyone.

I heard back from teri. She said she had to check to make sure they did not have anything else scheduled and that she would get back to me.

i will let you know what happens.............
The chowkidz
ImageImageImage