wildfires

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

wildfires

Post by janet »

hey all. i was watching the news and just wondering if all of my californian friends were safe from the wildfires. keeping our fingers and paws crossed that everyone is safe.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: wildfires

Post by Jeff&Peks »

All is fine in SO. Ca, A friend of mine and his family had to evacuate. I live 30 miles away but we were put on alert, I live between the fire and the ocean so according to the fire dept with the winds the fire could have hit us in about two hours but we didn't have to evacuate and my friend is home no damage done the fire came right up to his property line. SO. CA fire firefighters know what they are doing probably the best fire fighters in the nation You never really appreciate the Fire Dept until you have seen a wildland fire stopped at your front door..Were use to the fires its a yearly thing, trouble is most are set by Arsonist this one (3) was probably human made also.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL Give me a Hurricane any ol' day :shock: Geez forget waterin' the plants & lawn, have to go out and water the house just in case :shock: I thought fire season was over??? Fires would scare the crap out of me :shock: Glad your ok Jeff, hope they get them put out soon

Thanks Sweetpea!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

In Ca its either fire takes the house or the bank does. Why do you think the homes are so big in CA, with the homes being watered all the time the house is growing.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL I thought it was mudslide season in Ca this time of yr or do I have it backwards??? Didn't they just get those bad fires put out not long ago???? It must be beautiful there for people to deal with fires all the time and mudslides and possible earthquakes. Would love to visit one day....& watch people water all those big beautiful homes :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

My husband & I left Southern California for points north. Our family still is in Southern Califonia. Daughter is in the foothills of La Habra Hgts. Son is in San Diego. Mom is in GGrove & sister is in Santa Ana. No big homes, just regular. We worry when the Santa Anna's blow. We remember the winds well. Also remember the mud slides & the quakes. We were in a couple of the big ones. I remember seeing lights flash on and off in our 1930's home when quakes were over 5.0. Remember hugging my daugher when everything was falling around us. Remember my neighbors, helping each other and one saying that it (the initial earthquake) was a pre-curser to the "big one." There is a price to pay no matter where you live. Not everyone in California is rich or untouchable by disaster, especially now with economics such as it is. My son and I took a wrong turn in Irvine one year and found ourselves in the middle of a firestorm.