amother 3 months

6 months
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Titus

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Very cute!

He looks like a black and tan long coated GSD.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
duncansdd@juno.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by duncansdd@juno.com »

Exactly....rescue dog...We got VERY LUCKY...he is so sweet. County rescue stated Chow/G.S. mix and vet thinks some Rottie thrown in as well??? Primary breed is Chow Chow. Who know? Great dog and he just had his 8 month B-Day on Sunday.

He sure loves his carrots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcOdOrXBi6w

and lemons...via youtube
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I can see the chow in his face in the last pic you posted. :lol: Very cute! And obviously I see the shepherd, but I don't see any rottie in him, the ONLY hint of rottie would be the color, but GSDs coats can be that color too.

The video's cute! :lol: He plays like my purebred girl! Sounds like her too.

My girl Dixie is a GSD/Aussie shepherd/??? mix. Everybody thinks she's got chow in her, but I really don't see it, except in the fact she has straight back legs and walks on her toes. :lol: But that could easily be the Aussie in her.
Jess
J & C
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by J & C »

What a great dog! Loved the video too.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I just read an article yesterday that said over half the mix breeds in the country have chow grand parents or great grand parents. Some body did a DNA testing thing on mix breeds to find out what most of them really are...so he can have chow in him, (just like Dixie). As far as the Rottie part is concerned, look at his feet... And oh yeah he plays like a chow...sounds like one too.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Victory wrote:I just read an article yesterday that said over half the mix breeds in the country have chow grand parents or great grand parents. Some body did a DNA testing thing on mix breeds to find out what most of them really are...so he can have chow in him, (just like Dixie). As far as the Rottie part is concerned, look at his feet... And oh yeah he plays like a chow...sounds like one too.
Hmmm... That's a neat fact!
Jess
duncansdd@juno.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Tippsy'smom wrote:
Victory wrote:I just read an article yesterday that said over half the mix breeds in the country have chow grand parents or great grand parents. Some body did a DNA testing thing on mix breeds to find out what most of them really are...so he can have chow in him, (just like Dixie). As far as the Rottie part is concerned, look at his feet... And oh yeah he plays like a chow...sounds like one too.
Hmmm... That's a neat fact!
That is a neat fact.
What do you mean about..."look at his toes" for the rottie??? He has webbed toes...and loves the water but I thought that was a Chow thing???

Newbie parent here... :D
duncansdd@juno.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Tippsy'smom wrote:I can see the chow in his face in the last pic you posted. :lol: Very cute! And obviously I see the shepherd, but I don't see any rottie in him, the ONLY hint of rottie would be the color, but GSDs coats can be that color too.

My girl Dixie is a GSD/Aussie shepherd/??? mix. Everybody thinks she's got chow in her, but I really don't see it, except in the fact she has straight back legs and walks on her toes. :lol: But that could easily be the Aussie in her.
Thanks Jess,
Saw some pics of your crew....awesome!

Enjoying the honor of having our new member...last 5 months have been great...albeit the first couple were exhausting...he he

Just got back from a bike ride with Titus...really reinforces the trust factor...for both of us...beacuse if either one of us are not paying attention it could be a problem. Slow and easy, plus he loves his reward of being off-leash in the desert with me afterwards. Love how he watches constantly to see where to next!
duncansdd@juno.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

J & C wrote:What a great dog! Loved the video too.
Thanks,

Love Java and Biscuit as well! Beautiful dogs
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

duncansdd@juno.com wrote:
Tippsy'smom wrote:I can see the chow in his face in the last pic you posted. :lol: Very cute! And obviously I see the shepherd, but I don't see any rottie in him, the ONLY hint of rottie would be the color, but GSDs coats can be that color too.

Thanks Jess,
Saw some pics of your crew....awesome!

Enjoying the honor of having our new member...last 5 months have been great...albeit the first couple were exhausting...he he

Just got back from a bike ride with Titus...really reinforces the trust factor...for both of us...beacuse if either one of us are not paying attention it could be a problem. Slow and easy, plus he loves his reward of being off-leash in the desert with me afterwards. Love how he watches constantly to see where to next!
You're very welcome!
Thank you! :)

:lol: I've had Dixie for the past 6 months, and it has been a blessing and chaos at the same time. :lol:

I wish I could bike with my crew, but I am not THAT coordinated... :lol:
Jess