Chow play

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chow play

Post by Cara&Haley »

Today Cara throughly impressed me. I was sitting on the floor and on my computer and I heard this grunt behind me. So I reached behind me, touched her, and she ran away. 30 seconds later she came back - grunted, I touched and she ran away again. Repeat one more time.
Then I heard her behind me (she didn't grunt) she stuck out her paws, puppy punched me in the back and ran away. 30 seconds later she did it again.
I can't believe it... my dog beat me at my own game.
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Chow play

Post by sweetpea »

Must be in the air. I let Princess go out and I went back upstairs to do my work. A few minutes later heard Gracie downstairs barking. I went to see what was going on, figured Princess was barking at something outside. No. Gracie was sitting on my bed barking for someone to come play with her. She jumped into her play bow, I tagged her and ran to hide, she searched for me and I jumped out. She then would run back to my room and jumped on the bed. We did this over and over until I thought she was done. I went back upstairs, sat down and she started barking again. So I went downstairs, peaked to see if Princess was ready to come in, no. So I went to Gracie who was still sitting on my bed wanting someone to play. So we played the game again until I thought she was finished. I got half way up the stairs and she started barking again! That time I went outside and brought Princess in. She came in and away they went chasing each other and wrestling. I love it when they get playful like that.
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

Brandy whines - for everything! It's her way of communicating. Usually it means she wants to go out, but lately it's also been - I want mommy and me time! come play with me! I'll get down on the floor with her and she'll put her head down on it's side, do a play bow with her butt up in the air, then go butt over head and lay down so I can rub her belly! They are soooo cute when they want us to play with them, aren't they? I just love it! It took a long time to get to the point where I think Brandy has really bonded with me (It was a year this month), but I think we're there! and it was worth every minute, too!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

MickChick wrote:Brandy whines - for everything! It's her way of communicating. Usually it means she wants to go out, but lately it's also been - I want mommy and me time! come play with me! I'll get down on the floor with her and she'll put her head down on it's side, do a play bow with her butt up in the air, then go butt over head and lay down so I can rub her belly! They are soooo cute when they want us to play with them, aren't they? I just love it! It took a long time to get to the point where I think Brandy has really bonded with me (It was a year this month), but I think we're there! and it was worth every minute, too!

Cecelia

That sounds like Tippsy when she wants to play. She barks, standing right infront of me or my mom and bounces around. And when we finally get in the floor to play with her she does exactly what you described Brandy doing. It's priceless. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix