I'm a big brave Chow dog

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

I'm a big brave Chow dog

Post by TJordan »

This is for all the people who like to use the word "Aggressive" in respect to unwanted behavior.

Butters, whom many would refer to as aggressive, was at home this morning when he got a visitor. He didn't bark or growl, in fact he didn't even stick around to see who his visitor was. By the time the visitor got in the door, he witnessed a fluffy butt running into the hallway full speed ahead. The visitor (my dad) said Butters name and when he recognized the voice he turned and greeted him with wiggles and love.

That is my big aggressive chow. Run like crazy when something unknown is approaching.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: I'm a big brave Chow dog

Post by Layla »

Ah, very scarey :lol: Mean 'ol car chasing Butters running away from 'grandpa' :lol: :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh Butters!!! You didn't go and hide did you??? He is sooooo one of my favorite Chow Boys :lol: :lol: Guess he wasn't in the mood for a guest that he didn't know :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I don't see growling as an aggressive act, especially when it is directed toward an intruder. Lily chuffs and growls, even after I tell her to quit. Usually it happens after the guest has been seated and ignored, then they get up to go to another room. It is like they are upsetting the apple cart. She won't get closer than 2 feet while chuffing, then, if they ignore her and keep walking (which I always advise) she will sneak up to smell them from behind...little stinker! I would not allow a Chow or any animal in the same room with a visitor if I thought there was a possibility of them biting. That is a big NoNo in my book.
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

I can just picture Butters little fluffy butt running down the hall. I love it. He is such a quirky little thing you can't help but love him.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Ahhhhh, I'll say it AGAIN I love Butters' little funny quirks and ways....... :D He obviously wasn't up to recieving visitors yesterday!!

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Perhaps he had creases in his hair from sleeping funny and didn't want to be seen by the public!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The behavior I think is funny is when they run away, and then when they are a safe distance away, bark and chuff like they really meant to run down the hall and protect the empty room...lol.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Butters, you just gotta laugh at those silly bi-peds! :lol:

They NEVER recognize the old Chow trick of seeming to run, just to lure the intruder into an ambush down the hall.

Keep up the good work and vigilence, Pard.

Benny ]):)
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

:lol: :lol: I love it. What a silly chow he is. I think I'm in love with Butters.

I love the individual quirks our babies show.

Teddy has fallen in love with the retired gentleman next door. WhenTeddy hears Roger's voice he runs over to the fence wagging his tail and whining so Roger can reach over and pet him. Teddy recently almost had a heart attack because the snow is so deep (we have been shoveling an area for the pups in the back yard and the surrounding snow is too deep for him to plow his way through). He could not get to the fence to see Roger, who told him he would pet him in the spring. That's the only time I've heard Teddy howl.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868