Definition of zoomie

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Definition of zoomie

Post by Roxana »

Brandy's mom wrote:Brandy usually ENDS her zoomies with a good ole fashioned game of chasing her tail! Then she's done for the night ... And it's a sight to behold when she chases that thing since it's curled so tightly to her back that it has put a permanent indentation in the hair back there! :lol:
That permanent indentation is what we call a "birdsnest". :laughloud:
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Socialwork555... LOL, this is how Tigger ends his Zoomies and Paz's expression is exactly how Miss PB looks when the baby brother lands on her:
Attachments
gordo and paz.jpg
gordo and paz.jpg (20.62 KiB) Viewed 8578 times
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Christine,

Love the new pic in your signature!! What a little devil that pup is! How old is Gordo? Cinder is probably eight or nine and only zoomies rarely and only in the winter when she gets good and cold.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Chloe's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chloe's Mom »

Oh my gosh. All this time I thought that Chloe had just lost her mind and it was really an attack of the zoomies all along! Hers occur outdoors, usually after sniffing out the yard when all of a sudden she starts racing back and forth then periodically feels the "need" to body slam me (one of her nicknames is "baby bulldozer" because that's how it feels when she does that) then it's off again for more.
Chloe says "Yes it is all about me."
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

I love it when Sid gets in Zoomie mode at the dog park. He's usually the one that goes and plays by himself, a stick, a ball, ignores all the other furkids on the block and just does his own thing.. THEN, every once in a while, he'll go into MAJOR zoomie mode and he races around the benches, people, kids, dogs, he zooms circles around this or that.. People always say "Wow, where did THAT come from, Sid is always so quiet and calm".. I just tell them to look out because if he tags you it's like being hit by a Mack truck! LOL..
socialwork555
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by socialwork555 »

Thanks for your photos too, of Tigger and Ms. PB!

Paz is really crazy when I first let him out of his crate or when we wake in the morning, and boy does he harass Gordo. The photo on my signature is actually part of a series...........a bunch of photos I took of them when Gordo picked up the penquin, and then Paz tried to get it, then Paz forgot he was trying to get it and just kept trying to climb on Gordos head. Once he got on his head he started nibbling on his ears, and Gordo signaled politely to please remove himself from the ears........the photos in order demonstrate Gordo's edging desperation and frustration. I will post them in the photo section soon. They are really funny. He's a saint chow.

Gordo is 7 now. Paz did GREAT at puppy class tonight, my husband reports. He learned 'pick it up' and 'leave it.' Two of the other puppies pooped while in class. Being there really puts into perspective how GREAT we have it!
Christine and Paz

bevgo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bevgo »

My CC did her first Zoomies today. We were in the front yard playing with the door open. She shot through the house to the kitchen and then back out. It was too funny cause she missed the step and rolled across the yard then did the run again. She did it again tonight and cracked hubby up--he thinks she is possessed!
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

We have these ridiculous smooth, polished stone floors and there is no traction. Zoomies are extra funny because they slip and fall and have trouble getting up to continue, especially when they're turning a corner.
Love the picture of Paz on Gordo... can't wait to see more!
Tai's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tai's Mom »

My definition of the zoomies (keeping in mind that Tai is almost 75lbs. and still growing): running back and forth from one end of the apartment to the other, body slamming into the back door, jumping on top of the sofa (sending all of the sofa cushions flying), jumping off the sofa, running to the sliding glass doors and body slamming against them, then starting all over, going the other direction. This usually lasts somewhere between 3-5 minutes. How he keeps from breaking the doors, I'll never know.
Or, from Tai:
Running back and forth outside when Mom is trying to get me so she can take my lead off of me. When she comes one direction, I go the other direction. The when she comes that way, I run back the other way. I keep that up until I do zoomies all the way around her. Then I like to body slam against her. I find all of the particularly amusing when my Mom is getting ready to leave for work, altho she doesn't always think it's funny. :roll:
Cy & Tai
All this and you wanted a Shih Tzu too?
Mrs.Jones7
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mrs.Jones7 »

It is so great to finally find out that my dog is not a psycho =D= We thought she was going crazy the first time she did a zoomie. We have wood floors so when she gets going she slides across the floor. Usual is to the couch, bounce off the recliner to the rug back around to our other chair and back to the rug. She will do that about four times then collapse on the rug panting like she just ran a marathon. Good to know that she isn't crazy, just likes a good zoomie every now and then.
Tempest Juno Jones "AKA Baby Girl"
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

You got it!! :lol: So you have been thinking all this time............! Wot a shame!! :roll:
Never mind, just enjoy watching - zoomies are just so much fun. =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sahara91 »

I think this picture describes zoomies pretty well :lol:

chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Yes it does. That is one happy chowling demonstrating the spirit of the zoomie. (And she is beautiful to boot!)
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Buzzie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Buzzie »

I know this is very old post and hopefully someone still reading and reply back. I get the zoomie and one of my boys used to do the figure 8. My other one just dig in one spot by the shed..but what about my female 14 weeks. It isn't just the zoomie, but she all the sudden turn into a devil and start biting me during her giving me kisses and then start growling, barking and attack me. I never have female dog so may be someone can share their experience with me and how to fix this issue. If she kept this up, we will not be able to control her and may have to give her up. Most of time we have to give her time out in her crate for about 30 minutes and once that is all over she is a sweet loving affectionate Chow.