Goodbye Doby

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

schnauziechow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Goodbye Doby

Post by schnauziechow »

A 16yr old chow boy of a close frd of mine have passed on... He struggled for 10days with the strong will and determination to live on but still he was suffering too much.. Cant eat and drink and not to mention cant move at all... he was diagnoised with bones splitting out causing him too much of pain to move... He was on such strong painkillers to ease the pain but without food, the side effects kicked in and finally he puked blood and was discharging blood too... It was too painful for us to see him suffer and the decision was made to let him go.. Finally he closed his eyes in peace and over the rainbow bridge, he will be without pain... We will miss you Doby..
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Goodbye Doby

Post by CoraP. »

I'm sorry about the loss of Doby. When you've done all you can and they are suffering, unfortunately, it is time to let go. Godspeed, Doby.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
schnauziechow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by schnauziechow »

I guess its part and parcel of life...
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

He made it 16 years, and that is a blessing. I look at my almost 12 year old, and wonder to myself how much 'bonus' time I will get with her. I love his name...was his mum a Doby Gillis fan from the 1950's? For all the other readers, that was the Bob Denver's (Gilligan of Gilligan's Island) first TV series. I only remember it because my husband watched re-runs on cable.
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

i will keep you in my prayers. sorry for your loss. im sure doby is pain free, running around with all of his new friends.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
schnauziechow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by schnauziechow »

I guess its better for him to go... Its so painful to see him like that.. Both the owners will so upset tt they couldnt speak and was cryin the whole days thru... Doby's playmate knew he was gone and kept whining for him....

Vet said the illness was caused due to lack of glucosomine
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

If you can get a picture of Doby i will add him to the Memorial Video if you like, Just post it on here.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
schnauziechow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by schnauziechow »

I will try to ask the owner for it. Many thanks