ok so how do u do it??

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

robinsegg26
Rank 1
Rank 1

ok so how do u do it??

Post by robinsegg26 »

well 3 pups are home... and to transfer from car to house i set up the pet gate in the bathroom put all the other dogs outside and brought the little stinkers in one by one... In the first 10 mins they were here 3 pooped on my bath mat and one peed... 10 mins!!! and keep in mind i had just let them out of the car in the front yard and they pottied and they went at the vets office...

My lab pushed on the pet gate and one side poped out when i was cleaning up crap and Cade got out... he was sooo funny.. not scared a bit was prancing thru my house like he owned the place... made it all the way to the kitchen on the other side of the house... and i was just following along to see what he would do... hes the bravest and also the bully.. will have to watch him with Remi..

Well i have to unload the car.. between them and the rottie they have more meds than a pharmacy.... they are all out in the dog run getting a little fresh air and playing.. hopefully they wear each other out for a bit.. cause i am ready for nap time!!!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Awww...I would replace that bath mat with puppy pads! They sound like a handfull! Was it determined they has demodic mange? I know you posted once the vet thought it could be something else.
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

I will nominate you for sainthood for taking in all three chowlings and the rottie at once.

I would recommend you keep the floor in the pups space bare.

My first chow was 12 weeks when she came to us and never had an accident. The second was 10 weeks and peed on every rug, bathmat and even the dustmop the first two days she was home. I removed all absorbent surfaces and no more accidents. Could be a coincidence, but I like to think I figured out her M.O.

God bless you!
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
robinsegg26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by robinsegg26 »

I swear I didnt think a 10 lb puppy could poop so much!! they were only in the bathroom as a holding tank...lol... and it literally was 10 min...i was using their crate to transport and they weight too darn much to move it together..

I put them out in the dog run for about an hr to get some excercise and wear each other out.. now we are experiencing nap time.. going to have to go take them out in a min.. just wish i had a room closer to a door that they could go out of... i cleaned out a spare bedroom and put the crates for the rottie and pups in there and its the farthest from the door... oh well.. will just have to carry them out one at a time...

The rottie is awesome.. except he tries to mark everything in my house.. but as soon as i fuss he stops... so far hes getting a long wth all the boys.. my cocker shadow snapped at him and Drago just turned away... after that i knew he would be ok to introduce to the other boys.. and he even ignores the cat.. he seems ok with other dogs so far.

everyone got to meet cade of course.. and my cocker snapped at one of the puppies so will have to watch him with them.. otherwise the dogs are like oh more dogs mom...lol...

i cant remmeber how long can 10 week old puppies hold it??? and Remi weighted in at 9.8lbs and hes the smallest... does that sound right weight vs age? i think the vet was off on the age and the breeder may have told the truth about their ages.. so they would really be about 11 weeks... but i dont know...

Auntie Mandy will get to see them tomorrow when i run the rottie up to her for transport to Raliegh... they are supposed to have snow there tonight and tomorrow so we will see if the transport is still on...
robinsegg26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by robinsegg26 »

oh and yes the puppies have demodex.. Remi had eye meds..they all are on clavamox and ivermectin every night...

i hear puppies moving around.. time for potty break!!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

lol bless you! As far as holding it...I did potty breaks every hour on the hour with mine and after naps and after playtime. Remove all rugs and put down potty pads and see if they will use those. Maybe get some of their pee on one so they smell it. I would think that they would stop going in their 'den'...aka wherever you are keeping them confined but who knows since that is what they are used to doing for their entire lives. Praise praise praise each and every time they potty outside.
I wish I could be there to help!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

OK, I give up, how do you do it? You must be amazing. I have one small pup pooping up a storm. It's 2 hours in the am, 2 hours at dinner time and an hour before I go to sleep just to get them fed and pottied.

I bow to you and your sainthood!!!

(And, I won't complain anymore...)
Mia
robinsegg26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by robinsegg26 »

i dont know about sainthood.. crazy woman maybe...lol.. thank goodness they were boarded at the vet hospital and bless the vet tech and kennel help for walking them everyday a lot on leashes... they do so well... Cade just follows me out the door went down the steps and did his buisness... Remi i had to grab out of his crate and once he had the leash on and we got to the door he did great.. even went up and down the stairs for me.. Winey butt Nadja is going to be the difficult one!!! the other dogs just look at her and shes yelping.. the two boys could care less about the adults.. but oh my god can that girl squeal!!! She got under Coals feet and you would think he was trying to kill her.. poor boy couldnt get away from her fast enough..
She hides at the back of the kennel and wont come out until u are on the other side of the room.. i def have to leash her.. let her loose and she takes off for parts unknown in the fenced in backyard..

I keep telling myself this is jsut an adventure and just 3 mini dogs...lol.. that have go out every 4 hrs, after they eat and when they wake up... its going to be okie dokie.. and if its not thats what the steam cleaner is for... and valium!!!!! :shock:
robinsegg26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by robinsegg26 »

oh and tonight dinner time was fun feeding 7 adults in the ktchen and living room. i have the rottie in one of my other fosters crate for the night and oh poor Dylan was soooo confused.. he was running all over the place trying to figuire out where to go eat...lol.. and the three pups are in the bedroom with a pet gate and that got fed last... all three have their own bowls.. not that Cade understands he needs to eat his own food and not everyone elses... hes such a bully!!! He is going to be a lot of fun watching grow up... hes got a great personality and remi if you sit on the floor will come crawl in your lap... and lick you fingers... sweet boys! crazy girl..lol.

and there are 7 dogs out of the 11 here that are on meds.. try keeping all that straight!!! fun fun.. i need to be admitted... but we will get the routine down pat and then they will be gone and adopted and i wont know what to do with myself.. and to think i used to think it was nice and quiet with my two a long time ago...lol..
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Amazing doggie reports. I think you should write a mini book. I also wish I could visit and help. By the sounds of it, you got everything under control. I love chaos, I love the TV show about the couple who have 6 year old twins and 3 year old zextruplets. Your situation must be similar.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

you are amazing.I can't believe you can keep up with the potty breaks and the meds, even for just the puppies alone.
thank God for caring people like you that go way out of their way to help.those little puppies would not be here if not for you.
thanks for all the updates :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

i am tired just from reading your updates........ =D=
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I know I couldn't do it, Hats off to you

David
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: ok so how do u do it??

Post by ciaobella »

OMG! Bless you, puppies are hard work, let alone sick ones, and add a handful of adult dogs. I couldn't do it, I am impressed.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I applaud you and your selflessness =D= . I'm not sure if I missed it but I've always heard 1 hour per month of age for potty breaks, so at 10 weeks, it could be 2-1/2 hours. Of course, they'd all have to be on the same schedule :wink:
courtsey of Sweetpea
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Oh my Oh my. I will never again fuss about how busy my house is and how it seems to never stop. Just reading your post made me want to go to bed-not a bad idea since I have school tomorrow.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!