Pics of Chings obedience training and AWESOME news!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Pics of Chings obedience training and AWESOME news!!

Post by Guest »

Okay, well first off, he actually graduates NEXT week(I somehow got the weeks messed up) Anyway, I was talking to my trainer about when I could sign him up for intermediate class and she said forget intermediate, he should go into ADVANCED NOVICE!!! Here is how the classes go..... puppy, beginning young dogs, beginners, intermediate, advanced novice and then in to competition training.....Most of the dogs in Chingers class now are either RE taking the class or going into beginners! I am SO PROUD of him!!! I cannot believe that he is going to advanced novice at only 6 months old!!!(He just turned 6 months old on Sunday) I am so ecstatic. He is such a smart dog.
We were doing recalls with distraction(toys and a bag of hot dogs, and chingers was one of the only dogs that didn't pick something up! So, we graduate next week, then there is probably a week break and then we start training on Tuesday nights!

Alright, here are his pictures.........Sorry there are so many

Doing a tie out(he was checking to make sure I tied it correctly)

Same tie out, he was behaving SO nicely........most dogs were whining or barking.....

Attention Excercises........he did WONDERFUL! Look at how he looks at me....I love it!

Listening to the Trainer give a demonstration......

Okay, had enough of that.....What do we do now??

Waiting to Heel........

Heeling.......(Sorry bad pic, it was hard for him to focus with us moving)

Sit Stays.........He did so well.....

Down Stays!........His favorite!

Then we did this excercise where people had to weave in and out of other people, the people that were the "poles" had to keep their dog from reacting to the other dog that was walking by, and the person walking by had to control their dog too....it was fun and Chingers was the best, he didn't even try to sniff at the other dogs........

Us as the "pole"(notice the other dogs in the picture)

Us weaving........

And then Chingers cannot resist himself, this poor dog loves himself....seriousely....Everytime we go to training, he will plop his butt down and look at himself in the mirror......he sat like this for probably 3 minutes just staring!

And here he is just being pretty.......

And then about 3/4 of the way through, he just decided he needed a hug, he crawled up on me and just laid there for about a minute. It was very sweet.....
Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shane »

He looks good!

Shane
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Congrats!

Make sure Melanie from Alaska sees these! She is looking for photos of dogs in agility and obedience and these are great.
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

You should be so proud! Great pictures!!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

obedience class

Post by Sharons Chows »

Oh...he is so precious, precious and more precious!

I can just see our 2 chow bodies doing this at their age. But I must say that JR is listening much better now that he is getting older {he is 8 1/2} and Cheyenne has learned to sit and is even starting to listen {she has only been with us for 8 weeks now and will be 4 yrs old in April.}
However, all of this is a moot issue if they get a slight sniff of bunny rabbits whifting through the air. And, YES, spring is coming and that means tons of rabbits stupid enough to wander across our back yard.!!!
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Your update and all the photos are wonderful! You have every reason to be proud of him. His coat looks great too.

I have one question about his front legs though. Do his front paws usually stay so close together when he's sitting?

Post by Guest »

Thank you! I think so. I think they may be a little tiny bit farther apart when he is at home and at different times but for the most part he keeps everything pretty well tight and together. I know he can spread out full eagle! LOL, I have seen him do it. I can move his front legs in any direction and there is no pain. I have seen him sit "squared up" to his body but he typically sits with his feet together.
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I love his big grin! I love seeing the chow smiles. He sure is a handsome boy.

Post by Guest »

Thanks! He knows it too! LOL
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

That is so awesome! He is such a beauty.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

He's beautiful and what a smart boy to boot. :)
Congrats from Koda and I!
Nancy and Tai

chow0
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chow0 »

that's great :) and he looks awesome!
mafiosa728
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mafiosa728 »

way to go Chingers! awesome job! :D
Xenia & Maximus
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

It sounds like you and Ching are having a great time at classes - I think that's wonderful!

I'm a firm believer in that our chows are only limited by our ability to explain to them what we want ..

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

They are brilliant pictures and what a good boy.

I hope you are going to have poster size copies made to show that evaluator person and stand and let Chi Ching watch as she eats every one!! :lol:

Stupid woman!

Anyway, well done to both of you - you have every right to be proud and what a good ambassador for the Chow Chows.

YAY!!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

That one "checking to make sure I did it right", made me bust of laughing. I could see Willow doing that too. They are great and he's adorable. Way to go! :D