Westminster Chow Clip

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Westminster Chow Clip

Post by ngraham »

I don't know if anyone is interested, but the video clips from the 2006 Breed Judging is up at the Westminster site. I thought I'd post the link for the clip for the Chow Chows. These are some beautiful dogs. They look so happy and playful.

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/vi ... sport|chow

A part of me should would have liked to have seen a chow win BIS, just because I think the chow chow is the best breed there is. But then the logical part of me is glad the chow didn't win. That would have made them popular again and then we all know what would happen. The BYB's and puppy mills would have another shot at destroying the breed and the breed's reputation again. And they have already done enough damage. <sigh>
Nancy and Tai

sixchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sixchows »

Thanks for the link! I watched that show for about an hour but didn't see any chows. Not sure if they were on earlier.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

what wonderful looking dogs

Post by Sharons Chows »

I never seem to catch the chows on any of the dog shows.
Thanks for the video.....wern't they just so gorgeous!
And yes, I am glad they don't win and gain popularity again for the same reason as above....no more chow puppy mills!
Sharon
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

I got to see one chow on Monday night while they were doing the judging in the Non Sporting Group for the contender for BIS. I would have loved to have seen the entire video when they were judging the chows for the best in breed. Those babies are soooo pretty. I know I am very partial to the breed tho. LOL
Nancy and Tai

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Thanks for posting the link. I really enjoyed viewing it.

Personally, I would love the chow to win the non-sporting group. I'm tired of seeing standard poodles get that spot. I do agree with most of you and would prefer a "No" for Best in Show.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

I agree Lou...
the chow lover in me would love to see the breed win, but again, any kind of win for the breed will help them gain in popularity again and the BYB's and puppy mills would have another hay day. Right before I got Koda neutered, a lady asked me why I was neutering him when I could purchase a female also and make a mint off of chow puppies since they are so hard to find around here. My reply to her was the usual, because breeding needs to be left to professionals who know what they are doing and can better the breed, NOT to make money off puppies. I got told I was being dumb. LOL I just know how unethical people can be, and it's always the puppies and alot of the time the mother's who pay for it. I too get tired of seeing yappy poodles win all the time... but if it keeps the chow breed from being abused again, I'll just grit my teeth and bear it. LOL It will just be the secret of this board how wonderful the chow breed is. LOL The world's loss, not ours! :)
Nancy and Tai

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Thanks for sharing the clip. Lovely, lovely chows, and as long as there are people like those folks showing and breeding and folks like us willing to take the rescues and back-yard breds we'll have the breed well covered.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Codybear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Codybear »

I enjoy the dog shows dont get me wrong but basically i sit thru hours of dog show to see about 1 minute of chow footage so thank you so much for that clip. I did find a link on Wisconsin Chow Chow Clubs website where you could purchase a full years coverage of CCCI's dog shows. The dvd's are about 6 hours long but all CHOWS. Kinda pricey but worth it.
Scott