Is this a cry for help?!

Post by debraschow »

Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Lord, I love these pictures of chow babies. I don't think it's unusual for chows to bury their heads in the snow. I have heard several people on the board whose chows make like an ostrich. I think it's common.

I can't say for sure, cause we haven't had any snow.

Just love to see that little chow bum sticking out of the snow. PRICELESS PICTURES!
Mia
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

He is such a handsome boy. No worries, Lily does that all the time. I actually think they are hunting rodents. I sometimes have to pull Lily away from my garden, her most frequent hunting spot!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

What a handsome fellow, Yoshi has friends who live in the snow too. I think they are similar to smurfs.

David
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Cinder does that too. I'm guessing she is looking for rabbits as she is out to rid the earth of all loose bunnies.

That last picture would make a great Christmas card.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

It's those pesky snow varmin!!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

OH NO!!! :shock: :shock: They have snow vermin,smurfs and critters that live under the snow??? :shock:
Debra, that was the cutiest video!!! I sat here and laughed out loud, I didn't know they all actually stick their heads in and out of the white stuff :lol: :lol: ADORABLE PICS!!! Milo is one HANDSOME CHOW BOY!!! The snow makes them all look just BEAUTIFUL!!! :inlove:

Thanks Sweetpea!
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

You and your snow pictures! You're just showing off now :lol: I guess if there's critters living under the snow we don't want any anyway :^o

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Looks like my parents back 40. Or at least, 20 of it. Rural Michigan all looks alike this time of year. The small rodents make tunnels in the snow. They are no more apparent to us humans than any other time of the year. The Chows are a different story!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Debra...I am really suprised at thatyou don't know about the Chow Faeries.
My goodness...I did a whole post on them a while back...I think it was before you joined.

I have a whole chow faery village in my back yard....Cheyenne is always trying to get into their homes. And in the summer...they are constantly flying from bush to bush and Cheyenne carries on like a banchee for hours talking to them. She has been known to stare at a bush for an hour and not move an inch. JR doesn't seem to care about the faeries...he is always digging and burying his head for "varmits!"...however, I still think that Cheyenne will make a believer out of him yet...she is very convincing...and it is her way or no way!!

When JR and Cheyenne go for walks in the parks ...they really go on a rampage looking for more Chow faeries and spend more time with their heads buried...especially in the snow. I believe that they are trying to get another entire faery village to hop on their backs so the they can transport them back home to their yard and eventually build an entire town.

Listen carefully next time that Milo buries his head in the snow and perhaps you will hear the rusling of gossamer wings and see a glimpse of a chow faery flying by!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

I am pretty sure that the Faeries here are Hobo's Faeries. There is no doubt in my mind that Hobo has been fixing this all along.

Till next chowfest, I miss you,

Debra John and Milo
Banner by Sweetpea!
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

I had to laugh when I saw that first video, I posted one of Buddha doing something similiar after the first snow we had. He likes to lay in it and stick his head in LOL http://www.chowchow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8386
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
ruffinolisa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ruffinolisa »

that video was sooo cute im jelouse i live in vegas we dont get snow i wish we did my babies would love it!!!
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Gracie does that a little but nothing like Princess. When we get snow you will always find Princess with her butt in the air and her head buried in the snow.
Loved the videos and pictures. They say we have a chance of snow, a inch if we're lucky.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Debra,
so nice to see Milo.he is just beautiful in his winter coat.I loved his cute video and great pictures :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Thanks everyone! He is just doing great! And loves snow!! And could play outside all day if he could. Best part, he sleeps really well at night!!!
Banner by Sweetpea!
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Snow ??? what is snow, all we have out here is what the humans call rain, and such a lot of it that we look like we have just had a bath, I love playing in the rain, but Smurf is gettin old now and would rather sleep in the lounge then get wet, Chrystal is something different, just wont come inside when it rains, but will when it's hot, and its bee so hot over the last few days, that she wont go outside. Please tell me what is snow and where I go to get some of it you all look like you are having so much fun in it, I want some to play in as well
Happy New Year to all my chow friends out there
Love Zena the pig chaser,duck killer, cat chaser and would love some snow
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Hello fellow chow lovers, i have been checking out this site for the last few months and i think it is awesome. After seeing the video of Milo in the snow i had to join (once i stopped laughing) and say Thank You for showing me that my boy Nanook is not as crazy as we thought. I have found a lot of useful tips and suggestions to use with our two spoiled rotten chowkidz Jade and Nanook. It's great to hear about other people owned by chows and their experienced. Thanks again.... :D
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
hilary1977
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chows digging in the snow

Post by hilary1977 »

Both Target and Chewy do that too. They are definitely looking for something. They dig their noses deep into the snow. Alot of the time, when they come in from outside, they have snow covering their faces. They LOVE the snow!

They are also facinated by horses. We don't have horses but when we were visiting my parents in Michigan, the neighbors had their horses outside and the dogs just couldn't stay away.
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Carolyn, Snow is what Auddymay wishes for!!! I just wish she would keep it down by her and not so freely share it with EVERYONE!!!!! Some of us our at 60" plus, and it is only January.......

Chowkidz, Welcome to the site, WE NEED PICTURES, it's an addiction.
Banner by Sweetpea!
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

Thank you. As soon as i figure out the picture thing i will pass on the pictures of my kidz. :-?
The chowkidz
ImageImageImage
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Oh Chowkidz, we definitly need more pictures of them, they are GORGEOUS!!!!
Banner by Sweetpea!
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

thank you very much. we are slowly learning the computer thing so as soon as we get more pictures i will pass them on. That's what i love about this website. You get to see sooo many different but gorgeous chows and read about their lives and the wonderful people who take care of them.
The chowkidz
ImageImageImage