HELP!!!!! (non-chow)

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

HELP!!!!! (non-chow)

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Ok, my brother just came in the house a few minutes ago and told me there's a dog that's following him and his friends around... So I went out and looked.

She's a black and white lab mix. She's got puppies somewhere, not sure where. She's really sweet. WAY TOO skinny.

I don't know what to do... What do y'all think? I gave her food which may not have been a good idea but I can't just let her starve... But no matter how much I wanna keep her my dad would NEVER go for it...

Jess
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Do you have a local SPCA that you could call?
ImageImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

It's like 45 minutes to an hour away... and the local humane society is closed for the night... But I don't wanna seperate her from her puppies... And at the same time I don't wanna se her get hit by a car or something else... I'm just at a total loss.

Jess
Jess
vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vtxandy »

In the day to day mean time, until permanent can be done with the SPCA...........just quietly keep her feed so she can care for her puppies.
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

There's just one thing with the pups... we don't know where they are... She followed my brother from the other end of a mile long road... They could be anywhere...

Why can't ANYTHING be easy!? UGGGHHH!

Jesss
Jess
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Would your dad be upset if you put out a blanket for her to lay on if she comes back? Maybe tomorrow morning you can go out and look for her puppies?
ImageImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I put out a blanket for her before my dad got home... If my dad leaves tomorrow I'm gonna try to look for the pups but knowin' how the critters in these woods around here are I don't know if we'll find 'em... :(

I'm tryin' everything in my power to make sure her and her pups will be ok but EVERYTHING in the world is workin' against me...

Jess
Jess
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Jess you have a very caring heart!

Can you talk to your dad and ask his help in finding the puppies? Take a deep breath and try to stay calm when you talk with him. Try and get the entire family envolved. When you talk to dad let him know they are not staying you just want to help them.

Then call the local shelter. Mom dog may be very very protective, so please be careful.

Larry and Terrina
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I am sure she was very crafty in hiding her babies to make sure they were safe. Don't think the worst!
ImageImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

My dad saw her when he got home and he yelled at her... I don't think he'll even just help them... But I know my mom will.

I'm not tryin' to think the worst but I mean there's coyote's, bobcats, and a lot of other critters around here and there have even been a few bear sightings near here...

I'm gonna be careful when and if we find the pups I'd rather not get bitten.

Jess
Jess
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

We went lookin' for her puppies this morning. We found some guy ridin' around with them in a little kennel in his truck... He said he had found them in his backyard and that he was hoping he could find their mother. We asked him what he was planing on doing and he said that he would try to find them good homes when they were old enough. So we let him take them and the momma dog. He had also had his dog with him who looked in really good condition so we thought it would be ok.

Jess
Jess
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"Jess you have a very caring heart!"

Yep, so I hope your future career objectives are heading more toward the animal kingdom. Kids that think like you do at such an early age are needed out there. Better start taking those Biology, science and Environment classes more seriously not necessarily to become a vet or working at a shelter but those classes are usually required for most people in which ever way they are helping animals. Animal rights, anti-whaling ships, animal behavior and studies. Even the guy that rides horses into the back Country to bring Bears food for 6 months a year is degreed in one of those three. Wish I had it to do over I sure would be going a differant route.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Well, everybody has always told me I sould be a vet but I honestly don't think I could do that... Blood makes me queezy.

I would love to help animals with whatever career but I honestly would love to have a musical career. But if I made it big like say Miranda Lambert I could help animals at the same time... She has an organization that helps the animal shelter in her hometown become bigger and better and not have to put down animals because of space issues.

Jess
Jess
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Reread what i just posted, I was adding the same time you posted. Oh Music? That would be number 1 on my had it to do over list.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Yea... It's funny that you mention those science classes. I've had the same teacher for the past 2 years... last year for Biology and this year for Environmental Science. He used to be a wildlife biologist... He's amazed when we're studieing all the stuff on animals that I can answer every question right and all the other students fail to answer even 1 of them right....

I'm gonna definatly do something with animals when I get a career goin' and I've been tryin' to change the way people look at chows already. The kids at my school have been tought to many stupid things... So what can I say... I'm a die hard animal person... :D

Sorry if that kinda sounded conceited but I take pride in the things I do...

Jess
Jess
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"Sorry if that kinda sounded conceited but I take pride in the things I do... "

Nope, not conceited, Like in sports you have to believe and know your the best to be the best. thats the way it is with most anything

My Daughter grew up wanting to be a Zoologist but some how got lead astray and became a nurse. I yell at her all the time, "Go back to the animals"

ImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

That's good... The reason I said it was 'cause my friend said it sounded like I was being conceited...

But yea... Uh, about this time last year we found a little pit bull puppy in the middle of the highway... I walked her the whole mile back to my house because she wouldn't jump in the truck... Later we found out that she was deaf. Now she's in a GREAT home where she gets all the hugs and treats she deserves... :D And of course I've helped find other dogs homes as well. I just really enjoy seeing an animal that went from being so neglected to being so happy and full of life.

Jess
Jess
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Well done Jess, well done. [:D] =D= =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thanks Judy! :D :D

Jess
Jess
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Jess you have a wonderful heart and soul, you have a great future ahead of you, enjoy every minute you can!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Jess you do have a really wonderful heart. I am sure what ever you do with animals in the future, it will be with lots of love

David
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thanks y'all! :D :D

Jess
Jess