How do we do a Tribute 4 TINKER?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

How do we do a Tribute 4 TINKER?

Post by vtxandy »

I don't think anyone but you guys can help us or understand.

It's coming up on Dec 21st. That's the morning Tinker was called home. He passed sleeping right between me and Michelle. Thank you God.

Something deep inside me tells me I need and want to do some sort of tribute to him. I need to, even if it's just to help settle this huge gaping hole in my heart.

Do you or can you understand what we lost? Tinker. He wasn't just a good chow. A lot of you on this site have wonderful fur friends. But, please understand that Tinker was something special. You know, one of those one in a million. I'm not putting anyone else down by any means, I'm just trying to tell you that for over 15 years we had, right by our side every minute of every day, a truely God sent best friend, son and teacher. Tinker was with one of us 24-7.

Our lives actually revolved around him. Our lives were scheduled by where we were going to take him each weekened. To the lake in his favorite boat, for long walks along the coast in Santa Cruz or Monterey, Yosemite, sneaking him into motels, we went to ghost towns, long rides in my semi-truck, train rides at Roaring Camp, we went camping all over California, BBQ's at friends, parties and to my parents house, etc...etc...etc...

When Michelle had him and I'd come home, his little prescious face would light up and his tale would wag with vigor, when he'd see his papa. That made me feel so special, so wanted. God, I miss my little man so much. With the exception of my wonderful Michelle, NO OTHER soul has had such an impact and attachment to my heart.

Now, it's been a year without Tinker. I sware that hardly an hour of my waking hours go by without thinking of him. Not one hour of one day. How do you repair a soul? How do you fill such a void? You know, his last 4 years, he had that disfunctional rear leg problem some of you know about. He couldn't walk without our assitance. He counted on each of us each minute of each day to help him, to care for his needs. We insured he NEVER EVER wanted for anything. That's 4 plus years of tending, minute to minute for another one of God's creatures, it only made him more close to us. Our love for each other is so difficult to explain. And, my poor Michelle, I can't even imagine the suffering she quietly goes through.

What should we do on the 21st to honor 15 years of happiness? Does anyone understand this or am I over he edge, not understanding he was just a dog. God that sounds so wrong to me.

Thanks in advance for any help. God bless and Merry Christmas to all.

God, please be with my wife and take care of Tinker until you reunite us.

Love, Andy

Image[/quote]

(scrapbook page added by Auddymay)
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

You pay tribute to Tinker every time you relate a wonderful memory of him. To be remembered is the best tribute you can give.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Dear Andy,

I PM'd you.

Healing thoughts to you and your family,
[:D]

edited to add: It's good to hear from you again!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

What you just wrote sounded like a great tribute to me.

As for people thinking he was just a dog, thats for the dog people us Chow people know better, What goes on between a Chow and its owner is far from just a dog.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "What should we do on the 21st to honor 15 years of happiness?"

You might pledge to help bring happiness to 15 shelter or rescue Chows in the coming year. Consider it as Tinker's Solstice Light Memorial. You might help the first Chow on Solstice and have a candlelight memorial in Tinker's honor.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Dear Andy,

When ever you think of him you bring forward that piece of Tinker that he left for you. With him in your heart he will be with you until you meet again. He may not be with you in body but we all know he is here in spirit.

Spend the day with each other doing something you enjoy. When done and relaxing at home light a candle and share a memory of your Tinker. Celebrate his life and your times together, remember him in his youth and not at his passing over the bridge.

It is nice to hear from you two again [:D]

Larry and Terrina Harris
nuke

Post by nuke »

Being alive on this earth is just heartache at times.

Tinker is in a better place right now. I know you miss Tinker, but I think Tinker is just really happy and knows that he will see you again someday.
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Andy,
That was a beautiful tribute to Tinker. I am so sorry for your loss.

I like Kiwani's idea. I can't think of a better way to honor Tinker than to help out other less fortunate chows. Maybe purchase some of Tinker's favorite treats or toys and take them to a shelter or rescue and watch the dogs faces light up while they enjoy them.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

If you are going the donation tribute to tinker, these cards could be sent out in Tinkers name.

Holiday cards now available at University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine

This all goes for canine cancer research so if anyone needs holiday cards with a gift, heres a good cause. They took good care of Pekoe with her cancer.

Holiday Gift Cards Benefit Both People and Animals

Looking for a unique gift for the animal lover on your holiday gift list? Consider sending them a special holiday gift greeting card from the Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine.

http://svmweb.vetmed.wisc.edu/data/holiday_card/
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Andy,

That was a beautiful tribute. It made me realize to always make as much time as I can to spend with my baby chowkid. As does everytime I read a tribute on this site. You may be right, us cwazy chow parents probably have the most amazing babies and we don't think you have gone over an edge that we haven't jumped off the day we got our chowdren.

It just makes me cry to read of your pain, but you have also given me the gift of remembering how short our times are with those lovable little chowlings and much I want to make sure to appreciate that time.

That is a gift you and Tinker give to all of us.
Mia
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

I think you have made a fitting tribute already. I agree with kiwani though if you feel you need to do more maybe helping out fifteen of Tinker's chow brothers and sisters would be nice.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Andy,
I have read your story of Tinker and its just heartwarming how much he was loved.every year I make donations to my local animal shelter and a chow rescue in my chows memory.I always feel better knowing I have helped another that may not have made it without help.
Tinker was a very lucky boy!
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".