In memory of: my sweet Milo

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

In memory of: my sweet Milo

Post by Layla »

Dearest boy,

You were such a snugglebug Milo, from the moment we met you in that park! I remember you jumped into my lap in the car & rested your little head on my shoulder. I think it was about then I fell for you, who could resist? You had issues that I wish had never happened to you & I spoilt you to try to make up for that. I wish I'd had longer to try to soothe your soul & make up for whatever gave you those scars. You were my morning wake up call, my afternoon snuggler & my crazy spinning chow whenever I opened the cupboard door where the leashes are kept. Millie is going to be squished to bits without you here to deflect the attention. She looks for you too. We miss you so much, yet we only let you go this morning. Forgive me if I kept you too long... I wasn't ever going to be ready to say goodbye, but that extra time helped. We would have given everything to cure you, but they said we couldn't & I hated to see you suffer those horrid seizures any longer. Rest in peace my sweet boy & wait for me please.

Mama, xx

Milo was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor that was causing his seizures. I couldn't share as I couldn't believe it. I was hoping for longer with him, but I couldn't let him suffer any more & we let him go this morning. My heart is broken.
Last edited by Layla on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

OMG, Layla, as tears are also streaming down my face as I read and type this note of condolence to you, I know that you and your husband and Millie gave Milo such love and affection. You gave him a chance to live a life a chow in peril hoped for.

From the day you knew Milo was yours to bring home to this day when you sent Milo towards a new journey to a different dimension, you always had the best intentions for him. We all aspire to make sure our chows are pain free and today you did the most loving act for him. He will meet my boy Zhuyo and Zhu will take him under his chow angle wings to meet all our chow angels at the happy hunting ground.

I am so honored to have met him at ChowFest and will cherish the memories and will look at the photos with an ever so special meaning.

My sympathies.
-Lou and Miss Pooh Bear
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Farewell, Sweet Milo. Run free with Joy, on that gentle bridge towards Peace. You touched Heaven before you left, because no one was Loved more than you, and you touched hearts around the world.

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Layla, I'm so sorry to here about Milo. Your family provided Milo with such a loving home, even if it was for only a short time.

Rest in peace sweet Milo.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Layla, how awful. I'm so sorry nothing could be done for Milo. I'm sure he crossed the bridge with a grateful heart having your love to carry with him.
Peace and blessings to you all, and a special hug for Millie.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It was a blessing for Milo to be with you at the end of his troubled life. He will be waiting for you at the bridge, spinning when you reunite. I am so sorry.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Layla,
I'm so glad that we were able to meet Milo in July. I'm so sorry his time with you was so short. He will be missed.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

I'm so sorry for your loss. Milo was a beautiful boy. It's hard to imagine life without them...time eases the pain, but he will never leave your heart. Take care.
Jackie
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Dear Layla and family,

I'm so shocked and saddened by your post. My warmest healing thoughts are with you.

Run Free, Sweet Milo - You are Loved :x
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Timbersmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Timbersmom »

Layla,
I'm so sorry--Milo was so lucky to have been loved by all of you. Maybe it seemed like too short of a time for you, but he had a richness of life with you that he would never otherwise have known.
I am so sorry though.

Kathy
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

I too was saddened at your loss. May the prayers of all bring you some comfort. And may you be blessed as a wonderful mommy for Milo. Milo was blessed with a wonderful end of life.
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I am so shocked and saddened by your news.

You gave Milo a new happy home and lovely memories to take with him.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

Layla…I can’t begin to tell you how sorry I am. He was also my special little “WeeWo”, the little snugglebug that everyone wanted to have put to sleep. I was so happy that you found him and he found you yet, after you told me about his seizures I had very mixed feelings. Part of me wished that I’d never taken him there so that you didn’t have to experience the pain. And part of me was glad that he was with you because I knew how much you loved him, and he you.
Now, through tears, I know that everything was as it should be. He got to have what he truly deserved…his own special family to love and care for him. Your pictures and updates tell me that he had the very best life and lots of love. And though I know how much you are hurting…I also know that his snuggles for the time you had him are worth every bit of the pain. Thank you both so much for taking care of this special little boy, and for giving him so much joy in his last days.
Milo, my little “WeeWo”…run with joy and thank you for the snuggles.
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

I'm so sorry for your loss. At least he knew love and kindness at the end and I'm sure he'll be waiting at the bridge for you.
chris

Post by chris »

OMG... did I miss something here? I had no idea? am I that NOT in touch anymore? OMG... Im sosososo sorry. :-(.
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am so saddened by your loss of sweet Milo. Your video tribute to him is beautiful. It is always hard to hear of one of our chows passing but especially harder with one we were just with in July. I am honored that I had the chance to meet him.

Run free sweet Milo. Your were very much loved here and now you can be at peace.

Layla, my family and I are sending healing thoughts to you, your husband, and to Millie.
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

OMG, I had to check and recheck the date and poster, it just doesn't seem real. I'm so sorry Layla, I had no idea that you were that close to letting him pass over. You and yours are in our prayers.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Oh Layla sweetie, I am crying with you! I pray your saddness soon turn to joyful memories that Milo created for you. You gave him a chance to be loved and live in the security of your wonderful family. He is free from worldly pain and running on the clouds of glory. I'm sure Milo will be guarding the entrance of the rainbow bridge, til you get there!
I'll keep you in my prayers. You will be front and center of my thoughts, you are not alone. Your chow family is here for you. Let us know what we can do to help you thru this difficult time.

Hugs,
Sherill
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Thank you all for your very kind words. Milo was SO special to both Kathi & I, I'm just glad that some of you got to meet him in person. Kathi was totally right, his snuggles were worth everything it cost her to let him come to us & me to let him go.

We'll scatter his ashes over the weekend, but if he's had a headstone it would read 'He was such a chow chow'
Last edited by Layla on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Layla, I am so sorry. I can't stop crying, this is so shocking. I know how much he meant to you, how much you love him. Please believe me when I tell you that he could not have asked for a better chowmom. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Squish Millie for us too.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Dear Layla,

How terrible.
I am very sorry for your loss...
It was such a pleasure to see pictures and videos of Milo, with Millie on your blog, he looked so sweet...
I am very sorry.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

layla,
I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful milo.he was so loved.I saw the blogs you made of millie and milo and I could see how much you love them.you are a very special chow mom.you are in my prayers.
jacqui
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

WOW, I really missed this one. I am so sorry for your loss. The poor guy. I know Millie will miss him greatly.
SweetPea Rocks!!
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

We are so sorry to learn of Milo's passing. He was such a lovely & sweet boy. He was very lucky to have had you two as loving parents. Hugs to both of you & to Millie.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leonora's mum & dad
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Well bless your heart. I bawl everytime I read one of these. I am new and don't know any of you but I read the site everyday and know that all of you love your babies just as I loved my Kody and my new lil guy and it breaks my heart when any of you lose one. It is something that all of us can share...the loss that comes with the love. I know your heart is breaking and you have my deepest sympathies.