bathtime

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

bathtime

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I use the rake everyday. Every day we end up with a bag full of undercoat. This has been going on for weeks. I use detangler first before brushing. Looks like the detangler made the coat look dull.

Then I put a collar on her, coaxed her to the bathroom. I had one mad chow when I placed her into the tub. We're done, my back is killing me. Just having a break here. Supper time and then the hair dryer is next.

We only do this twice a year, otherwise my chow would certainly divorce me,
karin

here's Mikki chow not talking to me no more
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

=D= =D= Mission Accomplished!!!! =D= =D=

Thanks Sweetpea!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

I love the way Mikki sulks. 10 minutes later, we're back being friends,
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

sit_by_the_beach wrote:I love the way Mikki sulks. 10 minutes later, we're back being friends,
Karin
Of course dh feels it's my job to bathe the poodles between groomer appointments.The smallest one (HIS poodle) will be mad at me all day after her bath.Same poodle will only come to me when her belly hurts (from her daddy feeding her stuff she shouldn't eat) and when she wants to be put on the couch with him.She loves him to death,I'm her slave and nurse,lol.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

What about C&C, do they ever need a bath? They'd be a handful. I never bathed my first chow. She was with me for 10 years. No bath, ever. Lots of brushing. I did rub her down with fresh fallen snow in winter. That made her fur shiny. Mikki's fur reaks at times, or maybe it's her skin that lets off an odeur???
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

I bathed the girls the day after we got them.Brush them every day and on occasion wash around where the mess themselves up if they look like they need it,which is almost never cause they keep themselves and eachother clean.
No baths.I was raised to believe shedding dogs don't need baths unless they roll in something icky,nothing icky in my backyard :D
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I'll have to make sure Gilbert and Sullivan don't see this. We only bathe them about 3-4 times a year but it takes my husband and me to hold them down. Gilbert is terrified of water (among the thousands of things he's terrified of). Charlie used to like baths but now he copies everything the others do. They all do get what I call dog stink which is when I know we need to do it.
courtsey of Sweetpea
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL, I just saw this topic. I showed hubby the picture and he said Mikki is thinking "just so you know, I'm mad." Then I showed him your caption for the photo and he laughed so hard. :D Too cute!

I only bathed Special when we got him too, other than that I'm a crazed brusher. :D And I will once in a blue moon use one of those in between bath wipes.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea