CA - Looking for My Very Own ‘Annabelle Lee”

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Jenn,
thanks for posting Poe's info.
Keep us posted.

Sher
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

bump
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

Jenn,
Any news on Poe?

Jeff
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

I haven't seen him since I dropped him off with Pali, the founder of Rocket Dog Rescue, and I miss him like crazy but I hear he's doing ok. I've had some hits on him from petfinder.com and from the RDR website, where there's a new picture of him and he has hair! Take a look if you get a chance...he definitely looks more chow now. http://www.rocketdogrescue.org

The most serious inquiry I've had on him was from Calgary, which is a bit far for us to do a home check...<sigh> I'd drive him there myself if I thought it was a love connection.

Thanx so much for asking, and keep thinking happy thoughts in our direction.
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

Direct link to Poe's page: http://www.rocketdogrescue.org/dog_adop ... s/poe.html

Poe with hair growing back
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Thanx for putting his new picture up Jeff. My computer skills leave a bit to be desired.

Doesn't he look cute? I really miss him, the little monster....
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Is there another rescue that could do a home check for Poe in Calgary Jenn?

He's looking great in the picture :D
Thank you Elodie!
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ok, people....

...cross your fingers. Someone is VERY interested in Poe. All he has to do is pass the test with her brother & husband. Please think happy thoughts in our direction the next few days [-o| [-o| [-o|
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Here's hoping Jenn. Let us know what happens please.
Thank you Elodie!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Hope to hear good news about Poe. If I was looking, I know I couldn't turn down that sweet face.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Just wondering if there was any news on a new home for Poe?
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

So get this: after weeks of NO response to Poe's pic on the RDR website, he is now the MOST inquired-after dog...go figure!

Couple Number 1 who came to meet him were great. The woman loved Poe but the husband wants a dog who will retrieve a ball or frisbee. If you threw a ball for Poe to fetch, he'd probably hide under the couch for a month. It's too bad because the wife was completely enchanted by Poe, and I really thought it was going to be a love connection. Oh, well....

Couple Number 2 is meeting Poe today. They already have another Rocket Dog, so Poe would have a doggie friend, which is ideal for him. I'm waiting to hear about whether it's all-systems-go on that.

If they aren't the right match either, there are a dozen or so other inquiries, so I'm confident the perfect home is out there.

And then there are the SEVEN pb puppies we rescued on 9.1 .... but that's for another thread!!!!
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

HOORAY!!!!

It is with GREAT pleasure that I let you all know that my former foster, Poe-Dog has been ADOPTED!!! He was introduced to Couple Number 2 yesterday, and it was an instant love connection. Poe even liked the HUSBAND (when DH heard this he hung his head all sad-like and said "What was so wrong about me?" Poor guy...)

The couple has another dog, a female who is smaller than Poe but who immediately dominated him, and he loved it. So he has his new Forever Family, including a bossy older sister to make his decisions for him, so it just couldn't be any better (the first thing the female did was to sit on Poe...and he didn't even bat an eye when she did, he just lay there like this was how things were supposed to be!)

I love this dog and I always will. While I wish he had been able to stay with us, in the alternative, I couldn't have asked for a better situation for him. I am going to email the couple who have him and ask them to give the site periodic updates on his progress.

A million miles of THANX to everyone from cc.org who offered me encouragement and support when I was dealing with this special needs animal in my home. I cannot express how grateful I am to you for your kinds words and suggestions. I couldn't have done it without you!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

\:D/ \:D/ =D=
Great news, Jenn! I'm so glad to hear Poe has a forever home now!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

I'm so glad he found a forever home!

Thank you, Jenn, for helping this boy out and for everything you've done for the good of all Chow-kind!
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Woohoo for Poe!

I'm really hoping they keep in touch :D
Thank you Elodie!
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Jenn, that is such great news!!! I hope they come to the site...it would be great to be able to see he progress. You have been Poe's guardian angel through this whole thing...I'm sure he will never forget the person, and rescue of course, that gave him an opportunity to have the life all animals deserve.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

HOORAY FOR POE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every Chow needs a forever home. Jenn, you did a great thing for him. I remember his first picture and the desperate plea from the rescue on Craigslist. It is hard to imagine that how far he has come. Good work! :D
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That's so nice to hear! Yeah Poe!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

What great news. I am so happy for POE!!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
poe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Poe

Post by poe »

Hi everybody. Thanks to everyone who has supported Jen in her efforts to help Poe find a good home. We are very happy to have Poe as a part of our family.

When he first arrived, he was very nervous, and would hide under the bed whenever he could.

Now that we have had him in our home for about 2 months he almost never tries to hide, and he follows us around all the time. He knows how to come when we call him, and to sit, and he gets really excited when we put on our shoes to take the dogs for a walk.

We tried our best to give him attention...

And to keep him nice and clean...

And to help him get along with his sister...

And now, though he still has some issues meeting strangers and getting used to sudden motions, there are some activities that he enjoys. Such as...

Sleeping...

Eating his toys...

And most of all, looking out the window at the people and cars as they pass by. He would really do this all day if we let him.

So thank you to Jennifer and the folks at rocketdog, as well as the rest of you on this board for your kind support of Poe.

---Poe's Parents
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

What wonderful pictures. He looks happy where he's at. Welcome to the site!

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Welcome to our site!

It sure looks like Poe has "not adjusted" to having people that love him. He looks very happy!
He sure is a precious little boy. Bet once his fur grows in he will be a real beauty.
And how do I know all of this so well...my Cheyenne came from a terrible life and was almost 4 when she moved in...it took her quite awhile to adjust and she still spooks a little with strangers, but after almost 2 years here...she has turned into a real gem and soooooooooooo spoiled...just ask her Chow bro, JR...he will tell you that she is now Miss Prissy!!! By the way when she moved in her fur was pretty scarce...now she is a big ball of "orange fluff"

Enjoy your new addition...and keep those pictures coming.

Sharon and her gang.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Ahhhh, it's lovely to see how well Poe is doing. Thank you so much for the pictures & update.
Thank you Elodie!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

WELCOME!!!!

This smile just says it all!!

Thank you for joining the site. We hope to hear lots of stories of Poe and his sister. Word on the street is his sister is an excellent delegator! And... I'm glad you weren't frightened when a crazed chow mom, jumped out of her car and went after you today! :lol: