General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

A dulicate post to make my statement

Post by Sharons Chows »

RELIGION HAS NO PLACE ON THIS FORUM.

I am highly insulted about a statement made by Jay. The remark about The Jewish people or the JEWS as he chosen to put it was extremely insensitive and bigoted.

Today is Palm Sunday, Tomorrow is Passover and Sunday is Easter. Our Holidays have all been created out of one thing...our belief in GOD.

Along with Judy...I too have dealt with many issues in my life that at times can be overwhelming, however, our strengths to overcome them and go forward stems from our faith in GOD or nature and the people we surround ourselves with.

When we stumbled across the chow site 1 1/2 years ago it was such a delight to be able to share stories and guidance about these exceptional creatures.
My CHOWS are my JOY....I truly LOVE them. They make me laugh along with all of the chows on this site and I also cry for some of the sad things that their owners and they have to deal with.
Coming on to this site has also been a wonderful part of my day. The pictures and stories, whether they be happy or sad take time out of for reflection and sharing.
I have met some wonderful Cyber friends to add to my circle and have enjoyed our repartee.

I believe very much in the freedom of speech, but when one takes a site such as ours to make disparaging remarks that have no place here...then I wonder if I too, want to continue to read them.

If our Chows could read what has happened here lately they would be very sad to see what has happened. This site is for them regarding their care and support.

Thank you to all of my dear friends who have done nothing but support each other. I hope with all my heart that somehow we can turn this site around and bring back some respect whether, it be in our stories or some of our great debates.
It is now up to us to try and make that happen!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

again...just in case you missed Jay's remark, please see following:

Don't know if the Bible saying will mean much. Not too familiar with what the JEWS belive in. For being a JEW, you'd think she'd be more passionate. Guess not. Maybe hypocite is the right word.

I decided to edit this prior to my time away from here.

Jay...it may come as a really big suprise to you...but JEWS...aka the Jewish people believe in GOD...We have been around for approx. 5800 years and we even created the 10 commandments. Yes, Abraham, the father of many religions was a JEW and obviously so was Moses, the creator of the commandments.

I was around to help support you through you very sad time so no need to single my religion out because of your anger to another...it has never been a premise on this Chow site to slander another's race or religion and I do hope that it will never happen again.
Sharon
Last edited by Sharons Chows on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

I can't honestly believe that Jay meant any of that post as a slur. It just doesn't fit him. Maybe, in this time of Easter and Pesach and Spring, we can give everyone the benefit of the doubt and try to forgive....
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
chris

Post by chris »

I agree with Jennifer, but it still doesn't make it right.

Trust me when I say we all want the same thing Sharon. At lest the majority does.

I dont' think this site was created so we could berate, insult and stir up trouble. In my eyes, it was created to bring Chow Lovers together. to help eachother out in need and to help eachother when we have questions and so forth. To enjoy our chows together and build friendships that we never would have had if it were not for this site. I love this site. I too don't like what has been happening lately, it makes me sad.

anyway.. Happy passover :-) I'm Luthren, but I still give up meat on fridays. :D FISH it is. Seems our church started to do this some years ago. when I was little, we didn't but now we do.
By the way Sharon.. did you save me a plate? Yummmmmmmm. [:D]
Last edited by chris on Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I didn't read his whole post but I don't think me meant that specific word to offend anyone either, Most of my friends are Black and Iranian Jewish people I say and hear words all day that might offend some people but when used they weren't meant to be offensive or taken in that way.

He just said I'm not living and I'm sick and Now I'm defending the guy, Owell
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

I agree with Jennifer also. I don't think Jay meant that as a slur. Not that it makes it right, but he is hurting and feeling like he is being attacked right now. And to an extent, he has been attacked... maybe not by the majority of the site, but both Jay and his family and Sam and Hector have had alot to deal with the past week and then to have to deal with the nastiness of some of the posts, is overwhelming. Again, I am NOT saying that it was right, whether it was meant as a slur or not. But those of you who have lost a chow remember back for a moment to the pain and anguish you felt at the time. I know what I have gone through for the last 5 weeks. If it hadn't have been for Lou and my daughter Amber, I'd have probably lost it. I have ranted and spewed plenty of venom and hurt since Koda passed. But through it all, Lou (and Amber) have been there for me and it's their love, dedication and support that has been my greatest comfort. Besides that, there is also the guilt issue. For the rest of his life Jay has to deal with the fact that his decision to rehome Khon, may (or may not) have been a contributing factor in Khon's crossing the bridge. On top of the grief, some of us have guilt to live with. I know... been there and have been doing that. For the rest of my life a part of me will feel like I let Koda down. And I am sure Jay feels the same way. That feeling of guilt is not a pretty thing to have to live with.
It doesn't make it right, but part of being a supportive body should come the ability to forgive.
Nancy and Tai

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I SECOND THAT....and lets leave out the race too...solves problems and misunderstandings before they start......
Hugs Sharon
AngelsMom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AngelsMom »

I miss everything.... I don't know who Jay is.

I do agree, though, lately there have been many harsh words thrown around on this site. Maybe now that spring is here everyone will refresh and clean out their "closets" throwing away some of the negative and preparing for a new start...