Chow chases delivery man on top of his truck

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Chow chases delivery man on top of his truck

Post by bubba »

old Bubba the chow is feeling his oats [ or nutro] i guess, he took a run at the Swans food delivery guy.. DW was convinced he would bite him too. maybe he was upset he did not get his walk that morning .

Wifey wondered if someone was coming by the house and tormenting him through the gate . could be , there are new children in the area and they sneak in the yard sometimes when me and chow are gone , maybe they sneak in when chow is in the yard and me and wife are gone , there will be hell to pay if the chow gets out and gets on the highway ..

He used to sit next to the front gate waiting for me to return from work , if he is not there today and is up on the porch i will suspect bad kids..

m
chris

Post by chris »

uh oh.. :(
HemiCuda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by HemiCuda »

i'll bet the delivery guy won't be asking for tips anytime soon :lol:
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

these schwans guys give us tips , they work on commision on what they sell and we are good customers.

http://www.schwans.com/

check out some of these meals , better than going to the SavaLot or the piggly wiggly in town ,
I am going to caution the UPS delivery lady , she comes in the yard , all the rest of the delivery guys leave it at the gate , i think they been bit sometime and she has not .

wonder why he started grabbing folks by the leg .and chasing them .

dog down the road where we walk ran down a bicycilist and grabbed him by the shoe , that dog would run at us like he thought we ought to react , chow just stood and gave him a * Look* and that dog stopped short , back up growling and scuffing, chow walked slowly closer nose up sniffing.. there been other encountes out and about ,, stewart county is not noted for socially acceptibla behavior in any catagory ,

one of these days one of these redneck's dogs is not going to stop short and there will be big trouble ,, when lady the rescue gets into it[ ignorant girl, tries to dominate every other dog which picks a fight every time] , the chow comes up intrested in the action, if the chow gets into it , i'm not gonna let him go it alone and i'm not shy of being dog bit..

well the reaction in stewart county is for the locals to come out and threaten one with firearms,, i also am an old wardog and if they do that .... duck and cover, fire and manuver, they tought me to assualt into an ambush..

never mind..

m
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Michael,

Sounds like you are anticipating some problems. I can't say I really blame you. Colonel had a security guard threaten to kill him. If Colonel's God-mother, Jan had not stepped up, that security guard would have shot him!
Jan took action and the security guard was suspended.
Too sad, authorities respond with a big knee jerk, wanting to resolve the problem by eliminating what they perceive as the source. Too sad.
Good luck with this one, sounds like you may have to stand up for your rights. Hopefully, your rights will be respected and everything will work itself out.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Me and the Bear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Me and the Bear »

Bear is still a little boy and he never just goes after any other dog but when they run up to him all snarls and barks he doesn't back down. Funny thing though, if the other dog is smaller he just sits down and looks at them as if to say, "Ok little guy, you can bark but do I look worried???" I have also noticed that he really doesn't like GS.... I've noticed other chowbaby owners say the same about their chows. Is it a Chow thing?
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

good thing you are taking precautions, I often wonder if I should put a beware of dogs on my gate leading to the back yard for the meter reader. I wonder If I can find a beware of 6 dogs sign lol

David
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Maybe a dog crossing sign would be better in your case...
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Just get this sign???
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Desi,

You won't believe this! I have this sign on the gate leading to my spa! We think it's funny!

**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

I heard some years ago that if you put up a sign warning about dogs you are putting yourself in more of a position for someone to sue because you are admitting that your dog could be dangerous. Don't know where I got that.....don't know if it's true....
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

In 1983 I told a policeman I knew I was going to put up a "Beware Of Dog" sign for my Chow, he told me not to because I was admitting I knew I had a mean dog, and could be held liable. I don't know what the current laws are, but I have never put up a sign about my pups.