General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Recommendation for a Vet in Bay Area

Post by Aslan »

Hello My fellow Chow Chow parents,

Can someone recommend a vet in the Bay Area that is not afraid to work with Chow Chow? My last Vet moved to Portland, OR. My baby is not sick, I am just getting ready for his annual check up.

Thanks a million! :wink:
Aslanchow
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

What city do you live and Aslan live?
Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aslan »

We live in Milpitas, CA.
Aslanchow
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

There are many of us in the Bay Area. So, do pin point to us where you are and hopefully the closest of us can answer your query.

Oops, I was 3minutes too late. I just mapquested Milpitas(sorry, I've only been in SF for 3yrs...). That's closer to Cindy(SWANCIN)... I think....
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Yes. Members Swancin, vtxandy and Jake are closer to where you live. If they do not respond, I suggest you send them a PM.

Welcome to the site.
Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aslan »

Thank you both! Its nice to finally talk to someone that likes Chow Chow. :evil: Boy, I don't know anyone in Milpitas that has a Chow. I am so happy to have found you guys. :D
Aslanchow
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Aslan wrote:Thank you both! Its nice to finally talk to someone that likes Chow Chow. :evil: Boy, I don't know anyone in Milpitas that has a Chow. I am so happy to have found you guys. :D
Hi and welcome!

Yes, I'm in San Jose (Cambrian/Los Gatos side) and my vet is Camden Vet Clinic 408-265-2200, vet's name is Dr. Hoge. Just called them to double check and he's accepting "new patients" and YES....he "does chows" :lol: :lol:

PM Jake's Dad MontanaXman(he doesn't post as frequently), he may know of another (either his own or one in Milpitas).

Take care,
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vtxandy »

YOU HAVE TO GO HERE!
This is vtxandy, San Jose, CA.
Dr. Rick Leninger - South County Animal Hospital
He was Tinker's vet for over 15 years. He's good with Chows, knows their breed conditions.
Here's what kind of guy he is. Tinker had an ear operation. Late that night, Tinker woke me up crying in pain. I called Dr. Rick's exchange at 2:30AM. Dr. Rick called us back in 3 minutes, had us meet him at his office. Re-checked Tinker's ear, gave him something for the pain and THEN WOULD NOT EXCEPT MONEY FROM US! OMG! at 2:30 in the morning.
He is a good man and I would NEVER go anywhere else period.

Tell them Tinker and Andy referred you ok. 408-779-6867
He's in Morgan Hill. What's a 25 minute drive to know you won't get overcharged and have BS procedures performed that only drain you wallet. Tinker was ALWAYS IN THE BEST HANDS WITH DR. RICK.

Andy
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

vtxandy wrote:YOU HAVE TO GO HERE!
This is vtxandy, San Jose, CA.
Dr. Rick Leninger - South County Animal Hospital
He was Tinker's vet for over 15 years. He's good with Chows, knows their breed conditions.
Here's what kind of guy he is. Tinker had an ear operation. Late that night, Tinker woke me up crying in pain. I called Dr. Rick's exchange at 2:30AM. Dr. Rick called us back in 3 minutes, had us meet him at his office. Re-checked Tinker's ear, gave him something for the pain and THEN WOULD NOT EXCEPT MONEY FROM US! OMG! at 2:30 in the morning.
He is a good man and I would NEVER go anywhere else period.

Tell them Tinker and Andy referred you ok. 408-779-6867
He's in Morgan Hill. What's a 25 minute drive to know you won't get overcharged and have BS procedures performed that only drain you wallet. Tinker was ALWAYS IN THE BEST HANDS WITH DR. RICK.

Andy
Wow Andy, quite the recommendation! Heck, I say go with Dr. Rick!!! My vet wouldn't go that extra mile... He did, however, save my Shadie when she had hepatitis and properly diagnosed and treated Kodi's pemphigus. For that, he'll always have my trust and devotion :x
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aslan »

:shock: Wow guys, thank you for the recommendations. Hey Andy, sorry to hear that you lost Tinker. He is so cute and sweet. I am sure he was loved.
Aslanchow
MontanaXman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MontanaXman »

I have taken both my Chows to the Kirkwood Animal Hospital in Campbell. Dr. Stanley Ueno is the best. My first Chow (Zeke)lived to be 14 years plus. I highly recommend him. He loves Jake too!

Richard
MontanaXman
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

my 2 cents...

Post by zingara_princepessa »

I take Orso to Lincoln Avenue Vet Clinic in San Jose. Dr. Penelope Bowden is his doctor. Orso sees her and immediately rolls over on his back so that she'll rub his tum and give him a treat. She's lovely. 408.293.3448.
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!