Workin' out with Orah and Cheech

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

EuroSuzie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Workin' out with Orah and Cheech

Post by EuroSuzie »

Ok so before I got these two lovely chows I used to work out every morning before I ate breakfast. When Orah and Cheech came into my life I stopped -- I figured 5 20-minute walks a day with two chows was exercise enough. I did lose 10 pounds in the 4 weeks since we got them! BUT that won't last so I decided to start working out again.

HA. I take the girls for our early morning walk (5:30, our usual time), give them their breakfast and get them all squared away. Since I workout in the front room where the girls like to sleep I needed to vacuum, so I scooted the girls into the other room and vacuumed. Can't have black hairs getting in my way! While vacuuming Cheech would come and look to see what I was doing, then leave me to do my chore.

I rolled back the rug, inserted the DVD (Billy's Boot Camp) in the player and got ready. Of course by this time Orah and Cheech were back in the room with me, being the curious girls they are.

I started my exercises, beginning with walking in place. Cheech thought this was fun and began to zoom all around me! Orah joined in and there I was, marching away and two girls vying for my attention. Next came the "touch your toes" move -- ooooh boy did we think that was fun!! As I went down I'd get a face full of chow fur, then back up, down again into chow fur, back up and so on. It's hard to exercise while you are laughing!!!!

Orah finally had to lay down, she was tired. Cheech kept me entertained for awhile, then she too grew bored and went off into the kitchen. Orah followed and I was left in peace to exercise. Every once in awhile Cheech would come and stand inthe door to see if I was still busy -- good girl! My own personal trainer :lol:

I hope that once they get used to me doing this they will be good and give me my space - it's hard to exercise with two black furballs blocking the way!

Have a chowonderful day everyone!

Suzanne
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I am getting out of shape, too long of a winter. In the summer I do some rowing out on the lake, some biking and swimming too.

I bought a pair of barbells, I work out in the living room. Suddenly, my chow in front of me, behind me, walking around nervously. I couldn't move, or I thought if I do, the chow may get hurt by me stepping on her.

I turned on the stereo full blast, rock music, my chow doesn't like rock music, too loud for her tender ears. She scrambled and ran downstairs to guard the front door. Maybe she wants out and seek help. Help this crazy old woman lifting blue things up and down, up and down

Keep in shape Suzie, you will be glad you did when you get older. I am in good shape in comparison to other women my age.

The two chows will get used to it.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

CodasMum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CodasMum »

I got a chuckle from your description of working out. I had a similar experience with Coda. I actually spent more time dodging him then I did working out :lol: Gotta love em :D
CodasMum

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL, that's so cute. Sounds like the best workout ever!
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

I got tickled by it too because I've been though it with these two. Anytime I try to exercise they come running to see what I'm doing. If I'm on the floor with a exercise they are all over me, licking my face, my hands, hanging over top of me. They make it impossible. I guess they think its a new game.
EuroSuzie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by EuroSuzie »

I am so glad I am not the only one! I didn't think I was :lol:

Since 2001 I have lost 140 pounds, but some of that was creeping back on due to lots of eating from stress and probably boredom. Stress because Sasha was sick and I couldn't help her to eat so I ate! Then she died and I ate out of sadness and boredom because I didn't have anyone to "play" with. And there were the holidays and a month long trip to the US to see my mom (more stress and GOSH I love American food :roll: )

So anyway I am busy getting back to where I was and hopefully FINALLY get to goal weight after 6 years.

I worked out this morning and all was calm. Cheech came in to see what was going on but Orah is grumpy today to she stayed to herself in the kitchen.

Thanks for sharing your chow workouts!

Suzanne