tell me stories of chows and snow

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

tell me stories of chows and snow

Post by threedogjeep »

I just can't wait until it snows.....It has not snowed in the year we have had Leela and I can't wait to see her zoomies in the snow!!!

How about some of your stories:???
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG, tell me about it! This winter has been waaaay too warm, but I just heard on the news that snow is in the focast (with my luck it will be flurries only! :D ).

The day after we brought Special home it snowed a LOT (as it usally does around here), we decided to walk to Blockbuster all together in the snow, the whole way hubby kept making snow balls for Special. Some of them Special carried and then smushed, but the cutest was when hubby would throw them and they'd fall into the snow and Special was so confused as to where they went! It was so cute, we'd always point them out and he's sniff and request a new one! I hope I get to see snow zoomies this year too!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for snow. :D
kasmir
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kasmir »

Kashoo hops around in the snow like a jackrabbit. He loves it. I've never seen such a thing! He truly gets pure joy from romping thru that cold wet stuff. I live in Kodiak Alaska so as you can imagine we have no shortage of snow this year. Currently about 3.5 FEET and more coming every day. He is going to hate the humidity in NC when we move next summer.
Gone but never forgotten

~Kasmir~ Feb 16, 1990 to March 14, 2001 Red Chow Chow

~Gunny~ 1987 to 2000 Black Chow Chow

Currently being loved by

~Kashoo~ DOB Oct 26th 2006 Creme Chow Chow
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Hey kasmir! I live on the Kenai Peninsula! Good to see another Alaskan on here. We occasionally hear from Tracy in Anchorage too, who has a brindle-colored chow named Leo.

threedogjeep - I especially like the zoomies that happen in fresh deep snow, where the dogs are flinging snow everywhere and leaping around! Khana loves the snow and will race around in it every chance she gets. Kylee has always liked to rub her face in the snow so when I let her out in fresh snow she always comes back with a white face! *L*

Here are pictures of the first snowstorm of 2005, when Khana was not quite a year old. She was racing circles around Trick who just wanted to play with a stick.

http://www.peninsulayardsale.com/dogs/khana7.html

Ignore the text - it was the winter of 2005-2006 and I meant to change the page and add more, just never got to it.

I need to get more photos this year - it's just been so darn cold much of the time.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Brisco
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Brisco »

When I had Baron, my black Chow back in the 80's we lived where it snowed a lot. One morning after a snow storm I went outside and there was no Baron in the yard. I had a brief moment on panic and then called out for him. About 10 feet in front of me a fury black head arose from under the snow with a large white mound on top of it. He had slept through all 14" of snow and never moved. I'll never forget that seen, I wish that I had it on video or even just a picture. Unfortunately here in Perth we never see snow.
No matter where you go, there you are.
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

[:D] Melanie awesome pictures!! Thank you!!!
and Brisco..what a story :D That must have been an awesome sight. You have that photo in the safest place possible...your heart.....it will stay forever!!

I just can't wait ....bring it on
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

I love hearing the snow stories - I normally don't want the snow, but we had hardly any last year, and none this year.
My 4 year old wants it, and I can't wait to watch him play with Nikita and Bubba in it.

Keep the stories coming!
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Last year we celebrated Nanuk's 1st birthday in Lake Tahoe. We all had a blast. Here are some pic's.... In the first picture he went all the way to the top of a hill and smiled as he ran out of control and couldn't stop on the bottom. Too bad I didn't get it on video. I loved seeing him try and manuver in the deep snow, poor lil shorty!

View Full Size at Glowfoto

Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Normally by this time of year we have a couple of feet of snow at least, but this year we only have about 4 inchs so it's not as much fun for them.

When I lived in a house with a yard with MingToy and LiChi, I'd let them out into the yard in the snow and then I'd go to get them and they'd be laying there completely buried and perfectly happy, only their noses visible.

Firesong is so light that she normally walks on top of any crust that forms on the snow, it used to drive Darkwind nuts because she'd be moving along pretty fast with little to no effort and he's have to slog his way through it, (which he did very well) but she'd run circle around him. She can't do that with Dreamdancer, he's just as fast as she is.

I don't think there is a happier site in the world than a chow in the snow.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

My mission is to get Cabo to snow at some point. We don't get it here in South Texas but Cabo has been loving the ice from our most recent storm.
Mommy to Cabo
HemiCuda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by HemiCuda »

My husband and i have 2! Hemi is a red FLUFFY!boy, and my very first dog i ever had, Zues is our newest addition he is like rainman i swear! but he has picked up a few things from hemi, yesterday we had them out side and hemi does this thing where he sticks his but in the air and nose in the snow and pushes himself around making tunnels, wich is funny to us anyway but then zeus started following him trying to imitate him :lol: So our babys love to make snow tunnels!
Lucid
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lucid »

My chow whos name is katie, loves the snow she loves to just lay in it or roll around. It was pretty funny this year when ice storms hit, i guess because shes nearly blind she thought it was snow and she tried to roll on the ice and lets just say she was really disappointed.
Name:Katie
Breed: Mixed Chow

You cant have her shes all mine haha :D
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Oh I love these stories...and love the pics!!! We had just a little dusting last night. Only enough to provide a nice little popsicle. I still have my fingers crossed. It's only January.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose