A couple of random things

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

A couple of random things

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Guess what everyone, I went to the vet today for one of my "happy visits" (where they all pet and love me so I can not be so scared when I'm there) and I got sooooo many pets. There were alot of people there, ones of them was a man that held me last time (when I had to after sticking my eye in the bush), mommy and daddy were a bit worried because they thought I'd remember how scared I wa sof him, but I just let him pet me like it was nothing and then I went up to him to be petted again. All the people said I was soooo cute and they said I was handsome and they told my mommy and daddy that I am lucky that they found me. They said mommy and daddy do a wonderful job grooming me and keeping me healthy. Whatever, we all know THEY'RE the lucky ones that I moved in!!

I also had to tell you all this: yesterday my mommy was talking on the phone and I was so annoyed, I was trying to sleep after all. So I went into the bedroom. Well mommy talked so long that her battery was low so she came into the bedroom to get her charger and guess what she saw...there I was asleep on the bed!!! My chow friends, if you're asking me what possessed me to get up there, I honetly dunno. I only go up there when they make me (to get treats) and the occassional zoomie. Mommy was all happy, she said "aw, aw, aw, I caught you" and she was pointing at me and then she hugged and kissed me, I gave her an annoyed look and jumped off. What'd she wake me for? :roll:

I also went on my bi-weekly trip to Petsmart on Monday and I met a Havanese? Have any of you ever met one before? It was so little, when I bent my head down to smell him, my mane covered his whole body up!! I also met a great dane puppy and he was scared of me, I smelled him and he sat down looking very submissive, so I smelled him again and then we were good to go. I met a bunch of other dogs too, but guess what... there was 15 year old daschound and when we greeted each other she nipped at me, you know what I did...nothing. I just stood there and sighed at her and then we smelled each other again and she was fine. The week before I met an American Eskimo mix and she couldn't stop wagging her tail at me, mommy said it's because I'm such a handsome boy (but Lily if you're reading this, you can bet I didn't wag back, I'd never do that!).
Fidel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fidel »

Hey it's Fidel. I just wanted to say that I don't see how you can even look at all those other dogs. I go out and see this boxer in my home area when he walks and all I can do is bark at her. I don't want to skate my mommy on her butt over there so I just stand and bark. Last night my mommy ordered chinese and when the yummies came she told me I had to go into the room.......little did she know that I can now open the door! HEHE Happy days!

Fidel
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Me Leela wants a friend. My mommy'f friend brought Luke over during sandy paws time but he is toooooo old for me. he don't like to play. I thought maybe his sister the GSD would play, 'cause she's about my age. But NOOOOOOOO. She acted like she didn't know how to play. Can you beat that??? For now I play with my lil bubba 'zilla the peke/pom. He is sooooo funny. He dances around me and huffs and puffs and grunts and then i stick my nose in his tail ... heeee...
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

Hey Special, I went to Petsmart today. I just love to go see the little kitties and play with them. Does your Mommy ever take you over to the cats section?
Last edited by Breathless on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh, I LOVE looking at the kitties, when they ahve the kitty adoptions I always walk by and smell them, I was mesmerized by a litter of the tiniest kitties I had ever seen, I was very quiet and just watched them because they were sleeping.

Leela, I hope you're friends play with you, I've had the same problem... I wanna zoomie and play and they don't know what to do. What's with that? You and 'Zilla must be terribly cute playing like that, try to get some pictures of that!
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Hey Special, Khana here! Sounds like you had a good time!

Yesterday my Mom went to a place called CarQuest where she was getting something to filter the air. Doesn't make sense to me - I think the air smells just great as it is! She came out and got me so I could go in, and one of the people there had a young basenji mix. I was so excited to see him and wiggled all over ('specially when they were telling me how pretty I was!) but this little dog just kept jumping up on me and putting his feet over my neck. He was TOO bossy for me. And then he wanted to sniff my butt a LOT so I just ignored him and got petted by the people instead.

Today we went to the UPS store and when I went in my friends there yelled "KHANA!!". Mom let go of the leash so I could run behind the counter and visit. One of the guys fed me french fries and tried to get me to spin and shake paws, but I just wiggled and he gave me the fries anyhow. I like being cute. It gets me what I want.

Then we went to the grocery store and Mom bought TEN PACKAGES of hamburger! It smelled SO good. I wanted to open a package right then but Mom's mean and wouldn't let me. She put it all in the big white box that makes hamburger hard and cold, so we don't get to eat it for awhile.

When she was putting the hamburger away I went outside with Trick, Dora, Kylee and Dax and played. I like how Dora barks at me when I pull her tail. I have to play fast because Mom comes out and stops me if Dora barks too much.
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

Special, It's me Bailey...I think you are special and way too nice. When I go to petsmart I put my snout up in the air prance by them and turn around and smile. I'm the hottest boy there and I know it! Oh yeah! LOL
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It's okay if you wagged back. Jealousy does not extend to non-chow breeds, since there really is no competition there...Thanks for the loyalty though. I love your stories.

Mum was gone all day today, and when I got her home and in the door, I was so happy, I nipped her leg! Mum was shocked and said, "What the hail was that!" So I did it again, only further up her leg. She completely ignored me! How could she! They were love bites! Well, if she doesn't want them, I'll give them to Haley, instead.

Petsmart is my 'bete noir'. I have issues. I think mum is too scared to take me by the cats. She says she doesn't want me to upset them, cuz they already had bad things happen to them, and it wouldn't be fair. I don't know if I would raise a ruckus or not, she won't even give me the option! I told her I would greet them like I greet other dogs in the 'mart' and she says that's why I can't!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Khana, oh you are so lucky that you get to go all those places, I wish I was allowed in places like the UPS store. Oh and I also agree, that doesn't make much sense, don't they want all the smells to some in, how else would they get their information? A basenji! Cool, but how rude!! I don't like it when they put their paws all over us, I just walk away and give them the cute chow butt. I had to smile when you said you like being cute! :D I know what you mean, I like being cute too, especially for that reason. Sometimes when mommy's friends call, they ask what I'm doing and mommy says "being cute," sometimes she says that coupled with "being special." Yummy, yummy on the hamburgers. Tell Dora to "shhhhh" so you can play longer. Although sometimes I bark too when I play... :D

Go Bailey!! Strut your chow stuff =D= =D= =D=

Lily, you're so wonderful! I loved your post. You gave your mommy a love bite! :D Nuts, you always know when they say ignore you, you're in trouble. You'll have to let me know how it works with Haley. Your mommy si so sweet to protect teh kitties like that, my mommy says she wouldn't trust me with a kitty off-leash. So i just get to smell them and if I'm antsy, just like your mommy we have to move on. I don't get it...
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hey Special,

You sure are something else!

I don't like going to the vet and I hate going to the pet store.
Going to the vet used to be pretty bad but now Cheyenne goes with me when I have to go and she protects me so I can handle it a bit better.
Mom took us both to the pet store about 6 months ago....I still don't like the smell and try to get out and back into the car and this past time Cheyenne started screaming at the guinea pigs while I was tugging hard to go home. Mom said no more pet store visits....YEAH!!!!!
I just like to go for walks outside...that is my very favorite and I am getting too old to change my ways.
My "sissy" Cheyenne...she does everything...nothing bothers her!!!...Oh well!

JR
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

JR, bestest buddy, I am so glad that Cheyenne tries to protect you at the vet, what a great sister! You're right though, there are some weird smells at the petsore!! I laughed so hard to hear Cheyenne screamed at the guinea pigs, once in a while I'll scream at the ferrets! :D
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I only tried to bring both girls in apetsmart alone once. Even with Pip being a good girl, they are hardly syncronized on their leads. I ended up with Lily riding in the cart, and Pip on foot. What a parade. Now, Haley has to come if both girls go. Of course, she takes the easy one.