My baby tore his CCL

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ashlyj
Rank 0
Rank 0

My baby tore his CCL

Post by ashlyj »

Hi everyone! I’m new here. I love reading all of your posts and have read a bunch in regards to CCL/ACL injuries. My boy, Bosa, tore both CCLs and has been recommended to do TPLO. I’m curious of those who have down the TPLO surgery, what was your experience and how much did you pay? I was quoted $4500 for 1 or $7000 for both. Wondering if I should shop around. I recently moved to TN so this vet is also new to me as well. So just really unsure on what to do at this point. It’s a lot of money. And of course I want to help my boy get better. He’s been limping around for a few weeks and I’ve been carrying him up and down the stairs. I appreciate any feedback you all can give!! Thank you!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: My baby tore his CCL

Post by Laura »

My boy tore both in 2021. We spent 5 months on lockdown. TPLO surgeries were 9 weeks apart. I’m in Birmingham and total cost was around 10 grand. Luckily I have pet insurance. There is a great Facebook group for help and support during surgery and recovery. Canine Cruciate Recovery. The most important thing is to follow your surgeons recovery guidelines to a T. It hard, frustrating, stressful, but necessary for a successful recovery.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)