Balled patches/hair loss

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

fluxdan95
Rank 0
Rank 0

Balled patches/hair loss

Post by fluxdan95 »

:(
Hello, we rescued a chow at the end of last year. He had little balled patch which the previous owner claimed it was shaved due to hot spots in the area. Fast forward to now the ball patch has grew and grew. Affected the tale. It's breaking our hearts. He's been in the vets. They said a skin infection, prescribed with steroids and antibiotics. Fixed nothing. Bloods tested to check his thyroid, all fine. We are so puzzled. Just want our little bear fixed.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/qusGcfb
https://imgur.com/a/qVjxkUa
Sl3v1n
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Balled patches/hair loss

Post by Sl3v1n »

Have you changed his food meanwhile?
One of our older chows had an allergy to his food which caused an itch/ skin infection he was regularly gnawing at. It was a solution for him to simply switch out the diet + treat the current spot.
Chowmum12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chowmum12 »

Hi there, my chow boy these patch’s in the exact same spots, we’ve tried everything been to the vets a few times and nothing seems to be working / getting any answers for the cause :( I’m sorry your having the same issue, if you do find out what is causing this please let me know x
DashiDashJason
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DashiDashJason »

Have you tried getting a second opinion? You already tried out what that vet said and it's not working so might be best to ask a different vet.
audrey06
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by audrey06 »

If you're experiencing balled patches and hair loss, it's essential to seek guidance from a healthcare professional. Our
Kingkind support team is here to provide assistance and resources to help you navigate this concern.