Breeders on the east coast?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

lyricalsync
Rank 0
Rank 0

Breeders on the east coast?

Post by lyricalsync »

Hi all! I live in the DC area and have been looking for a well reputed breeder. I’ve done quite a bit of searching and found a few leads here and there but would love the some wisdom and input from this fine group of chow chow lovers.

Are there any breeders on the east coast you would personally recommend?
wrat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Breeders on the east coast?

Post by wrat »

I dont know but good luck in your search
MrsDee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MrsDee »

Misty Mountain Chows, located in Hagerstown MD. We got our CKC/AKC cream female chow chow puppy this past Easter.
PMD1116
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PMD1116 »

lyricalsync wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:17 am Hi all! I live in the DC area and have been looking for a well reputed breeder. I’ve done quite a bit of searching and found a few leads here and there but would love the some wisdom and input from this fine group of chow chow lovers.

Are there any breeders on the east coast you would personally recommend?
I found my first chow in Georgia at Godfrey kennels. he is of good temperament and excellent health. He was raised with my granddaughter and likes children, was raised with stray cats and doesn't mind them, he ignores strangers if they don't bother him...he is 9 now and is just starting to have his hips bother him...
I just bought a cinnamon girl in PA...can give you the info..from southern Maryland it's a 4 hour drive.
Unlike him she is a short haired but also has a good temperament... personally I prefer males to females. Males are more laid back, tend not to bark and are more attentive. She has a stronger personality. Much more active and tends to bark. I can send you the phone number for PA if you would like. I tried to attach pictures but I don't see them.