2 Year Old Chows Feet Point In

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ChunkyTeddy1109
Rank 0
Rank 0

2 Year Old Chows Feet Point In

Post by ChunkyTeddy1109 »

I have a 2 year old Chow that when he was a puppy his hips use to pop, he never had pain but I noticed they popped when he would walk the popping made me worried so I took him to the vet they did XRAY and he had HD in one of his hips the other was fine for the most part. His socket covered 1/3 of the hip so that was one reason it kept popping and they told me at the time since he was so young surgery was not the best option and to wait til he was about 2 or so and see how he progresses. He is 2 years old now doesn't have any pain from what I see and the popping has stopped. He is fast and agile and loves to jump and play just like his bigger brother my only concern is that I noticed his back feet slight point in kind of pigeon toed. It has always been like this I just am more so concerned about it now. We have him on supplements for joints that the doctor recommended to just use in the time being and the doctors think he is fine and that he would never possibly need surgery but to keep him in shape and not over weight. Curious if you guys know what makes the feet point in and if this is a symptom of HD