General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Allan
Rank 0
Rank 0

CHOW CHOW BRED CONFUSING

Post by Allan »

Hi,

I have a chow as per the breeder it is a pure chow just he did not check the pedigree of the mother.

In my heart and in my eyes, she is a pure chow maybe a late bloomer (if there's a word like that).. Because, she has its blue-black tongue (just a bit spot is pending) and its almost straight hind legs. The ears are up, i assume it's just a bit big because she dont have hair much yet.

And people are saying my chow is a mix.. And maybe someone here has the same issue with me that can enlighten me.

She was born Dec 05, 2021.. she is 3months old..
Attachments
Captureds.JPG
Captureds.JPG (53.68 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
Capture32.JPG
Capture32.JPG (43.07 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (34.29 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
Last edited by Allan on Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: CHOW CHOW BRED CONFUSING

Post by Cam Atis »

Hello Allan, based on your chow’s photo, she’s a mix. Look at her ears and her tail. If you live in the Philippines, more bad news for you as the breed’s been degraded by unscrupulous breeders. It was different 10 years ago than now. Now, a lot of mixed chows are being passed off as “quality” chows. She’ll be a good companion though. just don’t say she’s pure because she ain’t.
Allan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Allan »

Thanks.. i think she is mix with a husky
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Possibly. Or any dog breed with erect ears. The behavior of a chow when mixed varies. But they do have a tendency to bite with no warning, so keep that in mind when going out with her, keep her at all times on leash and warn strangers from stroking her. I reckon she’s a happy pup. But don’t let your guard down for a moment in public.