Puppy crazies behavior/teething/spray

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Buzzie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Puppy crazies behavior/teething/spray

Post by Buzzie »

I have a 14 weeks old female that gets into an attack mode right after greeting and several times during the day. It seems that she get to excited then go right into biting. I had a trainer when she was only 8 weeks to see what I can so to stop her behavior, but she is still at it. Once this is over which usually lasted about 30 minutes, she is the most loving sweet puppy. The trainer told us to hold her tight and place our hand over her head to express dominants or control but she is getting to big and tears into our skin now. This sound crazy, but can dog have bipolar? Will this be over after she is done with teething? I need to control this behavior before she gets any bigger. By the way this isn't my first Chow, and I had 2 male Chows in the last 27 years and they didn't have puppy crazies behavior. I don't recall having biting issue with my first one and we got him when he was almost 4 months, my second one was 9 weeks. He did bites a little but stop after few "no".

When will she be over teething?

When is good time to have her spray?

Hopefully I get some good advice of how to solve the issue with her. Thank you and have a great day
Seasha
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Puppy crazies behavior/teething/spray

Post by Seasha »

I’m kind of going through the same thing with my 14week old puppy although I didn’t collect her till she was 10weeks old. She’s constantly biting and having crazy moments to the point I have to crate her, Her bullying my dogs and showing dominance is the main problem.
Buzzie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Puppy crazies behavior/teething/spray

Post by Buzzie »

Buzzie is now 14 months and finally quite biting us when she was 8 months. At one point I thought I might have to give her up..now she is sweet but is still stubborn. I think it took my previous male Chow to obey after he was 2 years and might take her a bit longer. My guess why she behaved that way was she didn't know how to communicate to human, hungry and wanting attention. She is a picky eater and didn't like her puppy food and I switched 4 times and she didn't like any of it. She would only eat less than 2 cups a day...she is a small Chow and barely 40 lbs. The crate biting method didn't work, bitter apple didn't work, vinegar didn't work, spraying water didn't work...the best was my thumb in her mouth. That immediate takes her down to laying down on the floor and once I removed my thumb, she gave this look like...huh what happened, what did I do...I am sorry mommy look...LOL
Hope your Chow isn't biting anymore.