General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

KrisCarter
Rank 0
Rank 0

Finding a puppy in California!

Post by KrisCarter »

Hello to my fellow chow lovers,

I am currently searching for a chow chow puppy in california. I personally have had a chow literally since birth, my grandmother had two when I was younger (gizmo and Sheila) a white male (gizmo) and a red female (Sheila) they were amazing dogs and loved until my elementary years. Then we had blue a black chow which was gifted to me on my 6th birthday who stayed with me until my senior year of highschool, and now we have Shunook another red male who has been with me I believe since middle school. They are wonderful dogs, and I love their loyalty, protectiveness and their ability to cuddle only when they want to😂. Shunook is currently getting up their in age and prefers to lounge about with my German shepherd these days. However I cannot picture myself without him or a chow in our home, so I am currently looking for a puppy not to replace my sweet boy, but for him to teach and enjoy as he matures into his senior state. So if you guys happen to know of any breeders in California please do comment! I am pro adoption, however with chows I feel that it’s best to raise them as puppies as I have younger kids over often and I do have two dogs currently. Thank you in advance for any advice or recommendations and I hope everyone has an amazing day!
Buzzie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Finding a puppy in California!

Post by Buzzie »

Hello there, I was doing the same. I had a 12 years old and he was the best ever and so obedient and well behave. He is a true live teddy. I was thinking about getting a puppy so he can teach the new puppy his way, but we didn't want him to feel that his love is being taken away. Well, we lost him in August and got a new female after. She is a big trouble for us to deal with but that is another topic. I totally agree with you that looking for Chow isn't easy in CA. I use this link to locate 2 of my Chows. I had 2 and this is my 3rd. https://www.puppyfind.com/for_sale/?bre ... 8&state=CA
This is another link from AKC for the last Chow I purchased. This was also listed in puppyfind.com. And this is the one from my 12 year old, http://www.themcgrawchow.com/index.html
Hope this is helpful to you.
Orapin
EdgarsDogDad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Finding a puppy in California!

Post by EdgarsDogDad »

I know this reply will be a bit dated, do suggest checking the marketplace.akc.org as a good reference as well.