Greetings from Central Alaska, New to Breed Looking Advice on Adopting Puppy

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jillizan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Greetings from Central Alaska, New to Breed Looking Advice on Adopting Puppy

Post by Jillizan »

Hello Everyone,

We live in Fairbanks, Alaska. We have been researching the Chow Chow breed and feel like it would be the perfect fit for our household. We own two indoor cats, no kids or other dogs. Our last dog was an incredible Great Dane that I raised from a puppy. He passed several years ago of old age and I am just now in a place where I am ready for another dog. I'm looking to get advice from others on the best place or way to adopt a puppy from a reputable breeder and to transport to Alaska. From what I can tell we will have to travel to the lower 48 and bring the puppy back because of airline transport restrictions on the breed. If there are any owners in Alaska or remote areas that have gone through this process before it would be especially helpful to hear from your experience.

Many thanks!
Jill
Jillizan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Greetings from Central Alaska, New to Breed Looking Advice on Adopting Puppy

Post by Jillizan »

Hello All,

Update, we decided to put down a deposit on a puppy with D&M Farm due to all the positive reviews from happy families with their companion pups. It will be a long wait as there are many people on their waitlist. We are still looking for any advice you can provide.

Many thanks,
Jill