Need advices for sleeping and potty train pls

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

Darylyap
Rank 0
Rank 0

Need advices for sleeping and potty train pls

Post by Darylyap »

I am 1st time chow chow owner. I just got my 4.5mths chow chow, her name is Tillie. She just got home 3 days but I noticed she is a very light sleeper, whenever we talk or move, she will sure awake and looking at us, the she won't go back to sleep. She doesn't sleep alot like what I read about chow chow breed or puppy. Any comments or advices if all chow loves to sleep? Will they gradually increase their sleeping time?

For potty train, we set a play pen and we placed a pee tray inside the play pen. She is sleeping in the play pen, we didn't crate train her nor let her run freely in the house. Weird thing is she always pee at her resting place instead of the pee tray but sometimes she did it correctly on the tray so we praised her with treats. Majority of the time she failed. Anyone experiencing the same? Any good advices?
tonyzoc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Need advices for sleeping and potty train pls

Post by tonyzoc »

Darylyap wrote:I am 1st time chow chow owner. I just got my 4.5mths chow chow, her name is Tillie. She just got home 3 days but I noticed she is a very light sleeper, whenever we talk or move, she will sure awake and looking at us, the she won't go back to sleep. She doesn't sleep alot like what I read about chow chow breed or puppy. Any comments or advices if all chow loves to sleep? Will they gradually increase their sleeping time?

For potty train, we set a play pen and we placed a pee tray inside the play pen. She is sleeping in the play pen, we didn't crate train her nor let her run freely in the house. Weird thing is she always pee at her resting place instead of the pee tray but sometimes she did it correctly on the tray so we praised her with treats. Majority of the time she failed. Anyone experiencing the same? Any good advices?
I'm a little late response to this but here's what I'm doing recently that's been very successful. BaoBao is a 4 month old female. She was peeing on pads and pooping outside during her 3 daily walks. Many times she's pee on the pad edge and sometime not on the pad. Nothing seemed to fix this issue, but recently I started getting her outside 3 more time for 10-15 mins in between her walks. She hasn't peed inside in over a week since I started this routine. So...6am walk, 10am pee break, 12pm walk, 3:30 per break, 5:30 walk and 9pm pee break.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

StanfordChow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Need advices for sleeping and potty train pls

Post by StanfordChow »

tonyzoc wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:02 am
Darylyap wrote:I am 1st time chow chow owner. I just got my 4.5mths chow chow, her name is Tillie. She just got home 3 days but I noticed she is a very light sleeper, whenever we talk or move, she will sure awake and looking at us, the she won't go back to sleep. She doesn't sleep alot like what I read about chow chow breed or puppy. Any comments or advices if all chow loves to sleep? Will they gradually increase their sleeping time?

I'm a little late response to this but here's what I'm doing recently that's been very successful. BaoBao is a 4 month old female. She was peeing on pads and pooping outside during her 3 daily walks. Many times she's pee on the pad edge and sometime not on the pad. Nothing seemed to fix this issue, but recently I started getting her outside 3 more time for 10-15 mins in between her walks. She hasn't peed inside in over a week since I started this routine. So...6am walk, 10am pee break, 12pm walk, 3:30 per break, 5:30 walk and 9pm pee break.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I am seconding the idea of adding extra potty breaks.