A miricale happend

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

A miricale happend

Post by carolyn dewrance »

To eveyone that prayed for my Charlies life I want to say thank you, Last night when I spoke to the vet and we decided to put him down, Well the Vet decided to leave it till this morning, and a miricle happened, Charlie came out of his coma, and had some breakfast, his drip is off and he is resting normally, not walking yet and still not out of danger but is showing signs of improvement, I am praying for his recovery, please do the same,
and thank you all, I will let you know how my little dog recovers.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

That is wonderful news! May his recovery be quick and painless!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Good News!

Keep us posted.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Charlie

I phoned the Vet this morning and he said that Charlie was looking a little better and that he was eating and drinking his water, and then he asked me if I would be able to visit my little dog this afternoon, It was so sad seeing him in this little cage in the hospital, a little black dog going gray around his jaws who had never had a days illness in his life, He was just lying there, I opened the cage and carefully picked him up, and spoke to him but he just slept, so I put him down again, and went and discussed his recovery with the vet, He told me that because Charlie had never had a days illness in his life, this is what had made him so strong, and that he would still like to keep him in for a few more days to see if he progresses, When I had to leave to go back to work I went in to say good bye to him and he lifted his head, and looked at me, a little puzzled as if to say what happened to me, I gave him a kiss on his head and he licked my hand I am sure he knew that I was there with him and he must have recognized my voice, I will see how he is doing tomorrow, and will let you know of his progress. All the prayers that have been said around the world have helped this little dog and my thanks go out to all of you.

Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Charlie

Charlie is comig home tomorrow, but the stroke has left him blind, and he will have to learn to walk again, the vet sent him to the parlour this afternoon, to get him cleaned up and says that he is starting to sit up and that it should not be long before he is walking again, but it will take a lot of tender loving care to get this old man well again, and he will have to learn to cope with his blindness, I will go onto the site that helped Dakota when she went blind once I have him home to see if it will help Charlie, I will let you know how he is doing over the next few weeks, Thank you all once again
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Shan&Kayla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Shan&Kayla »

I am very sorry that your little buddy lost his sight, but I am soooo glad that he came out of his coma, and is now going home with you. Yay!
-Shann
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Charlie

Charlie came home today, he is much better, and although he is blind in one eye, his sight is o.k. In the other, he can walk and is feeling much better, but the greatest thing of all that he is alive and now ready to go on with his life, although slowed down a bit he is getting better, and you wont believe the welcome home he got from Candy and Roxie my other two little Maltese, he was sniffed and licked and looked at all over, I am sure they did not believe what they were seeing but yes he is home and now I know that he is going to get better, and it’s all thanks to a wonderful Vet Dr Brian Corcoran of the Hillcrest Veterinary Clinic. I am sure that no other Vet would have tried so hard with this little dog and would have put him down. And was he hungry when he got home he had a whole plate of puppy food, and enjoyed every bit of it.
He is walking and he will soon get stronger and then he will be flying around the yard again. Thank you all again for your concern, and I will keep you updated on his progress.
Carolyn.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441