Disaster in London

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Disaster in London

Post by carolyn dewrance »

I just wish to send my condonances to all those involved in London in the terrible bomb blasts, and hope that all our Chow people are safe and well I am praying for your saftey and thinking of you.
Carolyn Dewrance. :cry:
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

I am extremely saddened by what has happened in London and I also hope all our Chow people are well. My positive thoughts are with all of the you that have been affected.

Jennifer
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you.

I have a son and daughter-in-law who both work right in the middles of the city. Anthony tried to telephone me but could not get out. I text them both and although not surprised when I did not get a reply from Anthony, he very rarily uses his mobile phone,Louise always answers my text messages so it did trouble me for a little while.
Anyway, I got through to Anthony at work eventually and he confirmed he and Louise were ok. He had given his staff the offer of going home - so had Louise with her staff.
They are both safe home with the children.
I also have two nieces who work in the city centre. They too, thank God are safe.
A horrible, horrible day! :(
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Hi Judy:

Glad to hear you and everyone close to you is OK.
Jennifer & Sheena
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Judy, I am very happy that your family is okay through this horrible event. I am still waiting to hear from co-workers from our UK office if their families are okay. I am on a project with our UK office and have been on your side of the pond a couple of times mostly for work...We all send our prayers & thoughts to all of you.
Karen
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you all - it is a pretty nasty do. When will all this horror end?
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Judy I am so happy to know that you and your family are o.k. as to when this horror will end, I cant give you an answer, but if the whole world were just one place for all to live in peace that would then be heaven.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you everybody for your thoughts and prayers. London's disaster is indeed horrible.

However, how is this for a very simple and lovely thing I witnessed today. I was walking round delivering some leaflets for our local councillor just before lunch. It was extremely hot and I was wondering why on earth I was doing it in the heat of the day!!

They say only mad dogs and English men (or women) go out in the midday sun!!! :roll:

Anyway, as I was going along, the big bin lorry was collecting the brown wheelie bin. The brown wheelie bins are the ones with all the garden rubbish, cuttings, grass cutting weeds etc. which is taken and composted and then taken to the farm lands and used as natural compost.

This time of the year the bins are always full to the top and very heavy. The crew of four men on the lorry were very hot and out of one of the houses came an elderley gentleman with four glasses and some big bottles of water. He gave the crew a drink and they all stopped and drank and then he filled up their glasses again. :D :D

Such a simple act of human kindness - I stopped for a moment and watched - they were oblivious to me! It just made me feel so happy and I have been smiling all day. :) :)

The other day I had an email from Lou and something she told me made me chuckle for two days, so all in all, with all the horrors of terrorists etc., it is still a wonderful world. :) :lol: :lol:

God Bless everybody. :)