Primal Dog Food

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

daryl168yang
Rank 1
Rank 1

Primal Dog Food

Post by daryl168yang »

Is that brand good? I bought a pack of Chicken Formula for richie. Starting it tomorrow. Also, for training, I use boiled chicken breast meat, is that okay for him? Can we use liver and other organs? Heard that liver will lead to some toxic levels or somthing like that.

Another question
I currently use a harness from big dogs
http://www.bigdogleashco.com/images/gallery/04.jpg
Look at its design. Richie's armpits and the area below the chest are patches of skin and there are "dandruff", might it be the harness? Do you have them? Many of you use harnesses too, don't you?
"Lion" Richie Rich "ET"
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Sorry I can't help with the brand of dog food you mentioned. I stick with Nutro.

I use a harness for Bear (my big Chow) because I've had him slip out of his collar more than once. I've noticed the harness also makes him easier to walk (less tugging). It comes in handy when he spots the neighbor's cat!

Are you sure you have the correct size for Richie? It shouldn't be rubbing or irritating his skin/fur. I don't keep Bear's on him unless we're going for a walk. Dandruff could be from other reasons. Do you bathe him yourself? If so, do you use shampoo especially for dogs? Are you sure you're rinsing all the soap? It might be a good idea to give Richie a clean rinse (plain water) to see if that'll make a difference. If you see soap suds, you'll know the reason for the dandruff.

Good luck on the training! :)
“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley