best food for your chow

Post by im_zon@yahoo.com »

im using Go NATURAL..
vacker
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: best food for your chow

Post by vacker »

I would say a well balanced raw dog food.
I use Vom Og Hundemat, and I have noticed a big BIG diffrence in my chows stamina and happyness.
Before Vom Og Hundemat, I used Taste of the wild but raw dog food is always better, because the dog is still a "wolf" and needs raw food and doesnt have the stommic to digest all the hard, compact and dry food.
You really get more out of the food if you use raw dog food.

Kind regards.
Ingen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ingen »

I been giving mine home cooked steam beef/chicken with brown rice. When I introduce her to K9 Raw Diet, she refuses to touch it. Even when I give her nothing for two days straight, till I relent and went back to steam beef/chicken with brown rice...

It would have been a much simpler chore if she eats the raw diet, less washing of dishes and preparing time haha :twisted:
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

I alternate between Orijen adult/LBP and Acana duck & pear/ lamb and apple.
Now that she has hit 1 I am giving her lower protein compared to when she was a growing pup. Avoiding chicken too. Dying to try Orijen Regional Red and Acana regionals line on her but we don't have those in the Philippines. She was not crazy about Go! Natural and would leave the bowl.
Last edited by Constantina on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gluesticks
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gluesticks »

I also feed Acana - the Pacifica blend - as well as the 95% turkey/salmon Wellness cans.

Overall, chows require low protein level and you typically want to stay away from beef and chicken as a primary protein source.

I've never heard of GO! Natural, but I just took a look at their food and it looks like a pretty legit and awesome choice to me! I would probably choose the duck, salmon, or turkey blend.

-Glue