Chow Chow Fest in Northern California 2014

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Chow Chow Fest in Northern California 2014

Post by kingalls »

We are looking to see if we have interest in doing a CCF14 this year in September.
Yes, it is early but we need to reserve the area. If there is enough interest, we can reserve the area (which comes at a cost) so please let us know if you are sincerely interested.
Thanks!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
kingalls

Re: Chow Chow Fest in Northern California 2014

Post by kingalls »

:D We will be doing the Chow Chow Fest in September...we usually manage the event details via e-vites so if you are interested in attending, please email me via cc.org with your email address. If you were at the last event, I should have your email address but if you're not sure, send it to me anyway.
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Save the date!: Sunday, 21st of September

We are only 2months away from our next Nor-Cal Chow Chow Fest!
For those wanting to join in, please PM the thread master kingalls with names of all attendees, furry or not.

Looking forward to seeing you!
Leonora & mum oh & dad, too \:D/
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Don't forget to email me if you would like to attend our Northern California Chow Chow Fest this year. It will be another fun, fun, fun day for the Chowdren and their Chow parents with potluck, Chow games, and beautiful San Francisco Bay area weather 8)
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I am looking forward to see photos. Always enjoyed seeing the chow fest photos. I hope all will have fun on the 21 of next month. Hopefully the weather will be good.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

See you all Sunday!! \:D/

Leonora & mum
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Have a wonderful time all of you and hope to see lots of photos!!!!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

We had a nice ChowChowFest on Sunday. The weather was perfect for our furry Chow Chows, who were so relaxed!

Here is a photo of the memorial table for the chows we loved and recently crossed over.
chow chows memorial table.jpg
chow chows memorial table.jpg (119.51 KiB) Viewed 25659 times
We will post more pictures and maybe a Smilebox slide show soon.
scrpbk1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by scrpbk1 »

Great day yesterday! Thanks to all of the organizers. My group photo didn't turn out very well, hoping someone else took a better one.
Thanks again for a wonderful day!
Shelly and chow boy Ozzie
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Good to hear that you all had a good time, looking forward to seeing the pictures.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Not many posters here, not like in the old days. I am glad to hear that some of you managed to have a chow fest. Looking forward to photos.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

We had a great time at Chowfest too even though it was bittersweet having lost Boogie just a week before. I am so happy that he was able to be part of the memorial. Thank you! His candle is on the shelf next to Fozzie's. O:) I had my handful with my 2 year old granddaughter and Teddie so I didn't even take 1 picture this time.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

So sorry for the delay on this year's Smilebox. Without further ado, here it is. I present Northern California ChowChowFest 2014:

Please click on the link to view:
http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4e4445 ... gview=true
Smilebox homepage.jpg
Smilebox homepage.jpg (72.13 KiB) Viewed 25596 times
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Wonderful photos , so great to be able to place a face with a chow name !! You do a wonderful job organizing this event each year! Everyone looks great and looks like everyone had a good time too! Such joy our chows bring to all of us!

Nancy
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Thank you, Zhuyos mom! Yes, it was a fantastic day! \:D/
I owe a lot to you for your support in making this event happen while I struggled with the grief of losing my Nahkohe.
All the Chow Chows there were excellent Chow Chow ambassadors and took all the ooh's and ahh's from the passerby's in stride. 8)
Yummy potluck lunch and the treats in the tote bags were outstanding & plentiful….already thinking about CCF15 :D

Karen, Jeff, Shiloh, and my Chow Angel, Nahkohe
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

kingalls wrote:Thank you, Zhuyos mom! Yes, it was a fantastic day! I owe a lot to you for your support in making this event happen while I struggled with the grief of losing my Nahkohe. ….already thinking about CCF15
You are welcome. That's what friends are for! [:D] I too am ready to have another CCF. It's all about that daRn "Chow Chow Fever"!
Boogie and Linda wrote:We had a great time at Chowfest too even though it was bittersweet having lost Boogie just a week before. I am so happy that he was able to be part of the memorial.
Linda, we are thankful you were able to join us. I hope being with us soothed your grief a little. It was also fun to meet your mini-mini me! She's adorable! As for our dear Teddie, I really think it helped him be with the other chows and to be in a place he's had fun at for many years. Plus, he made a new friend in Paul!!
scrpbk1 wrote:My group photo didn't turn out very well, hoping someone else took a better one.
Karen's was quite far away. But my software was able to resize it larger than the original. The family photo of you and Ozzie turned out really well!

As Karen said, the chows were great ambassadors. They were ALL so friendly!!! I don't know if it is because they might remember me as the Game Master from past CCF's or what. They all greeted me with bright eyes and smiles. It's like I was an old friend! So much fun!!!