Ghost Alert! ?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ghost Alert! ?

Post by reddog »

Friday night I was watching TV and I heard Whitby coming up the stairs, which she doesn’t do very often. She came into the TV room and laid down by my feet which she hasn’t done before. She usually will lay down on the floor near the TV. She laid there for a while and then went into Elyse’s bedroom and laid by the door. I went to bed and was just snuggling down when she came into the room and pawed at my bed. I figured she wanted to go outside. I got up and put my joggers on and headed for the stairs. She laid down at the top of the stairs and gave a low growl and all of her fur was bristling. I knelt down beside her and she did it again. An old “Lassie” phrase came to mind “What’s up Lassie? Is Timmy in the well?” lol I started to pet her and she growled again and her fur was standing up. Now the hair on my arms was also standing up. I didn’t know what to think. I just sat there beside her for about 5 minutes and then she seemed to relax and then wagged her tail - as if to let me know everything was now OK. There was a full moon Friday night. Maybe some ghosts were out and about being this is October and Halloween is around the corner
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Ghost Alert! ?

Post by christina chow mum »

:) LOL! Oh how weird! Clever Whitby :!: . =D= =D= =D= If it wasn't a ghost it was definitely SOMETHING. Moreover if it was a ghost it got over here p.d.q! :!: Small world. This morning I heard Ming outside doing something he had never done before, i.e. a continuous long low growling outside in the yard. At first I thought it was the mad DIY professor next door using his black and decker in low gear. Ho hum. :roll: When I investigated with Ming still making the same continuous noise, I found him lying rigid on his mat, paws in front, tail wagging slowing and dangerously, his mane standing up and staring up at the 6th floor balcony of the next door apartment block! There was absolutely nothing there, so all I can think of is that we are both really lucky to have freebie four-legged burglar alarms! LOL! :) :) :)
Loving a Chow means never having to say your'e sorry.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Whether it be a ghost or just something in the air at least you know Whitby has your back!!!
And as Christina chow mum said a free alarm system!
We never thought of an alarm until Nikki passed then we got Bella( our goofy lil golden retriever.) ,now she might lick a burglar to his death but would never tell us he was there in the first place! So 3 weeks ago we got an alarm system, but I think the only one we will catch will be me, I keep forgetting we are in lock down and I get up at night and opening a window for air!!!!
And as for ghosts I never believed until a summer ago in cape may, now I believe at 60 yrs old???? and yes I believe dogs would definitely pick up spirits before us even!
HAAAAPPPYYYYYY HAAAAALLOOOOWWWEEEEEENNNN
BOOOOOOOOOO
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

Yes, chowpups, you are right, bottom line is the only things REALLY having our “back” are our chowlies and/or their friends and distant relatives. Fantastic sensors of anything (and nothing in particular) that “dares” to move... Likewise, living entirely alone with Ming now in my very YOUNG “60’s” makes me feel far safer and more protected than having any burglar alarm, bless his little heart, or even more secure than I felt with various “youmanbeans” (LOL) around me for some part of my life. I watch BBC world News and CNN all the time (Greek TV sucks!) and am sorry to hear you are periodically in “lockdown”, a dreadfully unnerving experience it must be. Sign of the times... only thing we had in “lockdown” when I was young, was my locker at school. Happy Halloween!
P.R. Bear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by P.R. Bear »

I've posted this story before, but it is such a good one I have to post again...

Years back my brother was in the bathroom when his dog Amber started barking and growling. He then hears a womans voice say "now hush Amber" and Amber did. My brother now starts calling out for my sister in-law and gets no answer. He checks the house and only he and Amber are there. He called Stacy later that day and asked her if she had come back into the house that morning and she hadn't. He told her what happened and she said that was what her aunt used to say to her dogs when they barked. Oh, the house they live in used to be Stacy's aunts house and they got it after she passed away. Little freaky!
christina chow mum
Rank 1
Rank 1

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: OOOOOOO.....creepy creepy! Don't know about Ming's mane rising at the possibility of a burglar but my mane isn't doing too badly right now! LOL! Happy halloween!
Attachments
witch.jpg
witch.jpg (2.33 KiB) Viewed 2615 times