new member from west virginia

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Seed homer
Rank 0
Rank 0

new member from west virginia

Post by Seed homer »

Hi everyone,
I am a new member but have been reading posts for a few months now.
I got Leo, end of Sept 12 when he was 8 weeks old and he's such a joyful part of my life.
He's been growing so fast, now 10 months old, and keeps growing out of his collars and harnesses. Just got a new collar and I'm having trouble getting it on him. I think I'll try a step-in harness next. Has any one have any good or bad luck with different harnesses or collars? Thanks, this is a wonderful forum, especially for new first time chow owners like me. --Donna
Attachments
Leo cooling his paws in pond
Leo cooling his paws in pond
leo pond.png (169.02 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: new member from west virginia

Post by chowpups »

Donna welcome and as far as collars go there are many different opinions , you can type in collar and search ( you'll see the search at the right hand side at the top under the CCorg banner) on collars and you will see how many different kinds and reasons for using that type!
Leo looks very comfortable sticking his paws in the pond! I could never get Nikki near water, now I have a golden retriever that doesn't like the pool???? Go figure!!
Seed homer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: new member from west virginia

Post by Seed homer »

Thanks Chowpups, I've been reading through the treads and found some very valuable information. It was so much easier when he was smaller to put collars and harness on and off him, but now that he's grown, he is not very cooperative at all.
Yes Leo loves the pond and the sprinkler but hates baths and the kiddie pool. I am hoping to take him to the beach this summer (if I succeed getting the harness on him) and I wonder how he will like the waves? I'm sure he'll like the seaweed, shells, and little sand critters. Thanks again, Donna